1st appointment at 16 weeks? - UK

MummytoOscar

& one in the oven <3
Reaction score
Evening Ladies,

I'm a little confused by a letter that I received from the midwife team today and I hope some of you ladies can put my mind at rest!

The letter is inviting me to meet the midwife team and discuss antenatal and hospital options. With my last pregnancy I had seen the midwife and had a scan by 11 weeks but this letter says that I am not allowed to book an appointment to meet them until I'm 16 weeks!

Is this right? They make it sound like I have to wait until I'm 16 weeks before I see a midwife? What about my 12 week scan? :wacko:

Anyone else had this?

That doesn't sound right at all and I would call them. You are supposed to see a midwife between 8-12 weeks and certainly have a scan between 10-14 weeks. Call them up, I'm sure they've made a mistake.

Yes call them , your supposed to see them at around 8 weeks xx

Sarah

If you wanted to have a NT scan, it would be too late by then, so that can't be right. Ring them, there must be a mistake. I saw m/w at 8 weeks, scan at 11 (supposed to be 12 but pushed back a week when they measured the baby), then another m/w appointment at 12 weeks. I have another appointment and scan at 18 weeks, so that letter really doesn't sound right.

my midwife seeing new people between 8-`10 weeks to get sorted for 12 week scan. phone them and just check xx

Thanks ladies I'll give them a call tomorrow and check. Sounds like not much has changed in the last 4 years :)

I don't wanna come over as a time waster!

yes sounds wrong u have to see them get bloods done and fill all ur forms out i didnt have mine till the end of ten weeks and my midwife said that was pushing it good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->