1st appointment coming up

bryany1

Reaction score
hi everyone.
we have our 1st consultation at the fertility clinic in a few days and don't know wat questions i should be asking as have not got much idea on wat will be dicussed.
have you got any tips, just know that when its over i'll think of loads of things to ask

i'm 31 and o/h is 34. I have endo and gets cyst alot and o/h has sperm probs. we were told we wouldn't concieve naturally. Do you think we'll go straight to ivf/icsi?

thanks for any help

nic :hug:

Thanks for asking this i have my 1st appointment on monday so i'll be interested to here what others say, good luck. XXX

Hey Bryany

Think it depends on what sort of male factor you have as to whether it goes to ICSI straight away. I know depending on your PCT, they like to do IUI before trying ICSI but if his count is very low with little motility then they tend to go with their best option. DH and i have been told with his count of 1 million we will go to ICSI.

I'm still waiting on our 1st appt but i would want to know what tests they would run, what timescale they were looking at, how long you need to wait for results and what the waiting time is on NHS or Private? Also what the likely prognosis would be looking at it on paper so you at least have an idea what you are getting into?

Good luck x

wish you both lodsas luck for your treatment.
think d/h is classed as low motilty (don't move much) and not alot of them.
looks like being icsi then???????

Hey Bryany

When is the appt?

Yeah i think they like to try IUI if they can but i know DH has very low count (1 mill) so they won't send us down that route as there is very little chance of success.

Is your DH on pills and potions in the hope of improving his motility?

Good luck :hug:

Hey Bryany

When is the appt?

Is your DH on pills and potions in the hope of improving his motility?

appt is tomorrow and am feeling very emotional at the moment.

Dh is on wellman vits and just trying to eat better and he doesn't drink much anyway.

Think his count is low too. going to ring the hospital later to see if they can give me the results of his previous tests to see if there is any change when we get the results at the fertility clinic tomorrow.

hope you are all ok

nik

Hi

You will be surprised, I was armed with questions but the clinic sees thousands of couples like us and they answer most of your questions within the first 5 minutes. Depends what test you have had done already depends on what will be asked for. You may find they do a lot of re testing - sperm, bloods etc. It also depends on what you have already done, I had already done Clomid, metformin, laproscopy, tube dye test things ( forget what it is called) by the time I went to my clinic.

I think the most important thing is to start building a relationship with the clinic/Dr. I always pushed for what happens next questions. Ie, if he sent me away to have blood test done, asked question like, when I send them in, how long until i see you again, what is the next step, i always wanted to know what happens next.......I am sure everybody asks this.

Good luck with your appointment, I hope your Dr is as lovely as mine and he looks after you well!

hi. The whole thing is just so nerve wreaking isn't it. We have had sperm tests and my day 2 bloods done. I had the dye thingie done last year when i had one of my op's so don't know if they will repeat that or not.
We don't see the dr till ec as our clinic is nursed based.

how you getting on with tx hun

nik

Hiya

How did it go ringing the hosptial to get your OH's results and how did the appt go? Fingers crossed it all wen tokay hun.

Let us know what the doc said and i hope he was helpful for you.

Chin up chick :hug:

thanks rachelle, i rang the hospital and they are forwarding the results of march's sperm tests to the clinic to compare the one's they have done when we go tomorrow. They couldn't give them to me as we are the patient??????
Will post after our appt to let ya know how it went

thanks againg hun

nik

hi ladies, just thought i'd let you know how i got on.
Hopefully, if everything goes to plan, start injections in 3weeks OMG!!!!!!!
We are going down the ICSI route. Because of my endo my eggs might not get released or if they do then they could get lodged in the tube etc....Also because of d/h having "lazy sperm" as they put it they never get very far.
Am so excited to be this close to starting but am still scared at the same time

hope you are all ok and get thet BFP soon

nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back