1st birthday gifts

Happy Hudson

Mummy to Paige Grace
Reaction score
Hello

Im really struggling to decide on what to get Paige for her 1st birthday in July.

My first idea was to get a bouncy castle and paddling pool combo from early learning centre but Paige is not even crawling yet alone walking or standing.

My mum is getting her one of those 3 in 1 push along trykes and my mil is getting her a ball game because she loves anything with balls.

I want to get her something really nice but she already has soooo much.

What did you get your LO's for their 1st birthdays?

Just walked around Walmart in the toy section and let him pick his own! lol! There was this car trailor loader toy with this number pad thing on the side, he was just hooked on the buttons! So we just got some toys with buttons, they really don't understand what's going on, we didn't have a giant party or anything.

The cake is a must though! Nothing like cake face for their first birthday!!!

My little guy is turning 2 in July, thinking of a Power Wheel, gotta get him ready for the dirtbikes and 4 wheelers and cars when he gets older right :)

A small trampoline that you can take the handle off and folds down if you don't have space
Boucne & spin zebra
a pretty pink leather chair and footstool
a pushchair & doll
aqua mat
ride along
princess tunnel
fish tank & fish
lots of the laugh & learn bits for vtech I think it is
a walk along piano mat that makes noises
mega blocks
guitar
bath toys

I havent read the thread yet but I had to LOL because I have literally just wrote a thread about my confusion over what to buy my LO for her birthday and can you guess what her name is?! Paige!

Ok, read the post now (may I just add she was due on July 21st lol) but I like the idea of a little chair and footstool :) Thats quite different and noone would really think of it!

So far (I say so far because I can't seem to stop buying much to hubby's dismay! :haha:) I've bought:

80 pc mega blocks set
Little People Surprise Zoo Set
Little People Train
Little People Plane
Little People set with 3 figures
Leather Bound Precious Moments Baby Bible
Activity Cube
Penguin Backpack
Set of color matching/puzzle blocks
3 Thomas and Friends music book set

I'm sure I'm forgetting something! Think I went a bit overboard and there's more I'd like to buy!

Not Crazy about mega blocks, at least just yet. My son is only interested in the zipper on the bag, opening and closing it. When it's opened, he only dumps them out the bag and that's it. Can't imagine a 1 yr old doing much more with them. All the other things on your list sound great!

Not Crazy about mega blocks, at least just yet. My son is only interested in the zipper on the bag, opening and closing it. When it's opened, he only dumps them out the bag and that's it. Can't imagine a 1 yr old doing much more with them. All the other things on your list sound great!

Colin loves to take apart the stuff I build! :haha: Even if it's not what it's meant for at least he enjoys it.

We got Carter - mega blocks, a sandbox and a couple of outfits
We also got him this: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10860230&searchURL=false
And I also want to get him an Aqua doodle thing.

My mom got him a kiddie pool, and a 3 n 1 smart tryke

My mil is getting him some clothes and this: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308841

Ok, read the post now (may I just add she was due on July 21st lol) but I like the idea of a little chair and footstool :) Thats quite different and noone would really think of it!

This is it https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...hairs/Pink-Rocker-Chair-and-Footstool(0029821)

says from 3 years but Millie is 1 and she loves it her legs tho are a lil bit short for the stool :rofl:

Thank you guys, there are some great ideas here.
I think I might be getting her one of the bouncing turtles, similar to the bounce and spin zebra but it says numbers lettrers and colours to help her learn.
Also a Weybaloo glow worm because she loves everything weybaloo at the moment.

Keep the ideas coming though, I still have a few weeks to find something else xxx

I havent read the thread yet but I had to LOL because I have literally just wrote a thread about my confusion over what to buy my LO for her birthday and can you guess what her name is?! Paige!

Yeay Paige is a great name, and July is a great month to be born xxx
Does your little lady have a middle name? xx

Yeay Im all sorted now. We have got her

A bounce and spin zebra
A shape sorter
A baby doll
A Waybuloo outfit
Waybuloo books
and a old macdonald musical book.

My mum has got her a smart tryke and mil baught a ball game where you drop the balls in and it fires them back out at you.

I cant wait now, I love spoiling Paige xx

Sounds wonderful, I am sure she will love them all!

Callum had his birthday on sunday. We got him a smart trike, a couple of farm toys as he likes animals, a wooden brick cart and some clothes. Off others we got -

a sit in sandpit from argos with sand toys
a trampoline
a phone
some clothes
a hammer toy
some musical instruments
books
a mega block table
mega blocks
a wooden toy cube with a maze on the top

ETA : oh i see you're sorted now lol, i really should read through threads first!
xx

We aren't buying Bella a whole lot since she won't really know the difference yet anyways. This is what we got her:

Step Start Walk & Ride https://www.pocketyourdollars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/playskool-step-n-ride.jpg

Winnie The Pooh book collection (she LOVES books)

Laugh & Learn Kitchen https://www.jabberingjessi.com/wp-c...fisher-price-laugh-and-learn-kitchen-open.png

My niece turned a year old in March and she got a wagon and some push toys.

She also loves anything that makes noise.

We aren't buying Bella a whole lot since she won't really know the difference yet anyways. This is what we got her:

Step Start Walk & Ride https://www.pocketyourdollars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/playskool-step-n-ride.jpg

Winnie The Pooh book collection (she LOVES books)

Laugh & Learn Kitchen https://www.jabberingjessi.com/wp-c...fisher-price-laugh-and-learn-kitchen-open.png

I know what you mean, We are not doing much party wise and the bits we have got Im hoping will last a while.

I have got the Zebra from a site called netmums that we use here in England. It is second hand but looks like new and was less than half the price of a new one.
I really did not want to spend loads on her like when you say they dont know what is happening, its just a normal day to her :)

Callum had his birthday on sunday. We got him a smart trike, a couple of farm toys as he likes animals, a wooden brick cart and some clothes. Off others we got -

a sit in sandpit from argos with sand toys
a trampoline
a phone
some clothes
a hammer toy
some musical instruments
books
a mega block table
mega blocks
a wooden toy cube with a maze on the top

ETA : oh i see you're sorted now lol, i really should read through threads first!

xx

Thats ok lol. Its still nice to see what people have got. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->