1st FET cycle

clarkea

Reaction score
Anyone else starting their fet? Im starting my down reg tomorrow as they have put me on a medicated cycle. Im so nervous and cant stop thinking about it.
How do you keep positive about the thawing of ur embabies? Thats the most nerve racking part.
Anyone in a similar situation?

Hi there

My 1st fresh cycle IVF was cancelled due to OHSS, I had to wait 2mnths until my second AF started to let my body rest a bit before a FET.
I started estrogen pills on day 1, had an ultrasound on day 10 then a blood test on day 15 and started progesterone pessaries on day 16.
My FET was on day 20 (Oct 3rd), I chose to defrost 1 embryo at a time as I was only having 1 transferred. All went well with defrost, I was told its very rare for things to go wrong during that process but I understand your nerves being on edge coz I was the same. I am currently PUPO, my 1st blood test will be Oct 13th and im getting super impatient, I want to test early and I have the HPT's sitting there waiting for me Im just too nervous

Good luck I hope it all goes great for you :dust:

Hi. Oo good luck with your test. I cant even imagine how impatient u r as i will b the same. How excitingbut also nervewrecking! I had mine cancelled also due to ohss. I think they only transfer 1 embryo at my hospital also.
Its just when mine fertilised, they froze them straight away so none have grown yet. Im worried they wont grow :( i know i need to keep positive but its so hard.
Was urs frozen straight away or did they grow them a bit first?

They grew mine to 5 and 6 day blasts before freezing. I dont know anything about the freezing straight away but im sure it will be just as efficient as growing them first, they all still have to continue to develop after defrost either way. I know its hard to stay positive throughout the entire process ive had constant doubts and question if Ive done enough for my body to be ready and if the FS's really know what theyre doing and what if im in the group that it doesn't go right the 1st time. Funny how its natural to think so negative when youre trying so hard to be positive. Thats whats great about these sites, you can vent and get reassurance from people going through the same thing, youre not alone all the time :hugs:

Hi. Oo good luck with your test. I cant even imagine how impatient u r as i will b the same. How excitingbut also nervewrecking! I had mine cancelled also due to ohss. I think they only transfer 1 embryo at my hospital also.
Its just when mine fertilised, they froze them straight away so none have grown yet. Im worried they wont grow :( i know i need to keep positive but its so hard.
Was urs frozen straight away or did they grow them a bit first?

My clinic is actually in clinical trials with this question right now. When's the best time to freeze? Preliminary data shows that freezing straight off may be more successful because the weak embryos won't grow after the thaw. These are the same embryos that probably won't produce a successful pregnancy.

I'm waiting for my cycle to start so I can thaw my embryos... They were frozen straight after EC. :)

Thats good how u know wat date ur fet will b. Im on day 2 of medicated fet. Got my scan on 30th so make sure womb lining is thin. Its defo the thawing that scares me.
Your right nikki. These sites r good for that. Even if ur just spilling ur feelings.
Two days till test day or have u already tested?
Sounds like u were on a non medicated cycle.
I have scan 3 weeks after doing bureslin injections daily. After scan i take hrt for a while then pessaries for a couple of weeks then fet. Seems miles away...

Honestly, I have no idea what my clinic does. I'm supposed to call on the first day of my cycle to get a calendar. So, I'll probably find out today or tomorrow.

Yh im waiting for my protocol too. I phoned them up n got them to explain it to me before i received the protocol as i need it straight in my head or i worry lol. Well i worry anyway but u know wat i mean x

Hi!
I'm going next week to get a scan to make sure I've ovulated then I'll be starting Lupron for my FET. Feels like it's going to go slowly..but maybe it'll go quicker than I think...I think once I start the Lupron it'll be approximately 6 weeks or so until the test? I don't get my actual protocol until I get AF after starting the lupron (so probably a week after starting Lupron). I just want to know the dates!!
I'll be transferring two embryos..I, too, wonder how they will do with the thawing process...so much to consider..it's hard to wrap my mind around it..

I got sort of an explanation when I called in to report AF on Friday. I did a blood test yesterday & am supposed to start bcp today for a couple weeks. Lupron, estrodoil a couple other things. It's supposed to be less strenuous than Stims, but its still a long time. Estimated transfer date is November 12.

Hi ladies, just letting you know I got my :bfp: 7dp5dfet. I got my beta results back yesterday and levels were 157 (they want anything over 50 at this stage) so im happy to say im finally pregnant! My next beta test will be on the 17th.

I hope you are all doing well with your cycles and staying as positive as possible, wishing you all the best of luck, Im looking forward to hearing how all of your journeys go and hopefully everyone gets the great news they deserve at the end :hugs:

Hello can I join you ladies? I had a cp with my first ivf cycle just started bc for my first fet. I go in a couple days for another hsg just to make sure everything is okay in my uterus . Then I start Lupron soon and fet should be around the 6th of dec.... Seems so far from now

Just giving some positive feedback. I also had ohss on our first ivf. They proceeded with the cycle anyway, I ended up with 22 ovules (and I'm 41! Those hormones really did a number). We transfered two - bfp but chemical at 7 weeks.

On our first FET 3 months later we transfered 2 more - poof bfp again! This one stuck, I'm now 30 weeks along and couldn`t be happier :cloud9:

Hey, i'm waiting to start my FET. Have to call the clinic between November and December with my first day of period xx

Hi ladies, mind if i join you? i am awaiting my FET, its been a very long wait since july, finally start my down regging injection on the 23rd of this month, hoping for transfer around the end of Nov all going well.

Wow congratulations nikki. W/c 18th is when they are thawing my embys :/ so nervous hoping they wilk grow.

Can I join? Having my first lining check tomorrow. Fresh cycle canclled in september due to ohss also. Hoping for et early next wk x

Hi miasmum.
Sounds like we r in the same boat. I have my second lining check on wed and hopefully fingers crossed next week the will thaw my embys.
I cant even think about et (which wud b latest next fri) as im so concerned about my embys growing ok. They froze them straight away so cant stop thinking about that stage :/ how are u feeling? X

Im scared too. Scared about the thaw, what if it doesnt work ect. Its such a difficult time and driving me mad! Did you havd ohss too with fresh? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->