1st injections this wk

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kelly29, Jan 24, 2011.

1. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

hello everyone,

silly isn't it that i'm avoiding the post check and injections for lo i don't wanna make her poorly :( she's only just got better since the flu over xmas :cry: i hate to see her prodded with a needle and look at me with horror i think i will cry myself!!! :blush: i know its gotta be done! its like 2 for 1 post check and jabs all in one!! nothing like care lol:shrug:

2. ouchwithNo.2

ouchwithNo.2 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean - my LO has to have her 3rd set, was invited week before xmas but I had swine flu, then she had it and now I am still waiting for the cough, which is harmless, but lingers ages after to go before I can take her.
    I know she must but I still feel mean if they make her off colour after that swine flu x

3. pebbie1

pebbie1 Mum to Marielle & Markus

Ahhhhh. It is horrible. I was crying from the moment I sat down with the nurse. Awful. Give your little one calpol before you go. It will make it a bit easier for them. Marielle os having her second lot 1st of feb and I already have pain in my tummy from nerves when I think about it. Poor little babies.
    X

4. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

do you know if the give sucrose water before the jabs? my LO had this before all his needles/IVs in the NICU and he never ever cried once

5. vaileasmama

vaileasmama Well-Known Member

aww, its so horrible!!!
    but it'll be worth it in the end xo

6. minties

minties Complete

You're not meant to give pain relief before the imms, it has a negative effect on the way the body reacts to the immunisations (makes them less effective). If you breastfeed, do this immediately as it is a natural pain relief for babies and soothes them.

7. Midsomer

Midsomer First time mum to Amelia

I did the breastfeeding, she was annoyed with me but it did help Amelia that is not the nurse lol.

Second lot next month.