1st IUI with donor sperm. Cd1 today and super excited

momwannabe81

Reaction score
I finally get to try and do IUI. Everything is set and I'm waiting for the call to get clomid and schedule the u/s. Have 25 hpt being delivered today to test the trigger shot when I O.....anyone else starting today?

I am still waiting on AF but when she does I will be trying clomid and donor sperm for the first time this cycle. wanted to wish you luck with yours!. I hope the first try works!.

I just wanted to stop in and wish you the very best of luck & I'm very excited for you! My dh and I had to use donor sperm for IVF and let me tell you, that sperm worked AMAZINGLY and I have a great feeling that it'll work just as well for you guys! :) Good luck & lots of sticky dust your way! :dust:

I'm in the middle of my cycle now, I go in next Tuesday to see if anything grew / if I can take my trigger shot! This will be my third IUI.

I'm also using donor sperm from the sperm bank of California.

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

Fx ur follies are growing good. I'm using the same bank. I let my husband choose which donor. It was cute seeing him examining each donor and looking at the look alikes.

Starting clomid tomorrow. On my baseline u/s showed 20 follicles (8&12) and lining 4mm

My DH changed his mind about using donor sperm so were back to square one of trying to increase his count. may move on to IVF.
Good luck with your IUI.:dust:

I go for my baseline ultrasound on Monday. Last cycle my follicles didn't mature on their own, but the cyst I had from the previous cycle was almost gone, so he said I should take birth control for 2 weeks to induce my period. I took my past bcp today, so I should get my period on Sunday. I always get it about 2-3 days after stopping bcp. So, Monday will be cycle day 2 (most likely). Praying baseline shows no cysts, so I can start clomid! I have loooongggg cycles (39 to 42 days long, typically). I think I ovulate some cycles, and don't others. Mild form of pcos. Soo, I'm just praying clomid works for me. I'm hoping my follicles develop. I think my doctor said if 50mg doesn't do anything, they'll just up my dosage that same cycle, so I'll take 100mg for a few days. I'm also using donor sperm. I did one natural cycle already, that failed. So I have 5 vials left. Praying I get that bfp soon! Good luck to you!!!

I'm trying to stay positive and only bought 1 vial. Hopefully that's all it takes. Hopefully clomid does the trick for u

I'm trying to stay positive and only bought 1 vial. Hopefully that's all it takes. Hopefully clomid does the trick for u

That's a good mentality. The sperm bank I purchased from had a deal for 6 months free storage if you bought 6+ vials, so I just went ahead and did it. Plus, I want siblings in the future, using the same donor.

BTW- my DH has nonobstructive azoospermia as well. He's had a couple sperm in his ejaculate before (dead or twitching) but barely any. We were all set to do IVF with ICSI, because the doctor gave us a 70% change of finding usable sperm with a microTESE. DH had his mTESE back in March and they didn't find any sperm. It was so devastating. So, we knew donor sperm was the route we had to take. First natural cycle failed...I wish I had just started with clomid. And then I got that stupid cyst, so just hoping this next cycle is it!

Keep in touch! It looks like our stories are quite similar. I love talking to women going through the same thing.

It is nice. My dh has always had 0 count but he produces them. They said it's probably obstructed somewhere where they can't fix. We could do ivf but it's just to expensive for us. But he is ok with donor and he will love him or her as if was his own. Earlier I showed him a video of the iui procedure and he thought they went thru my stomach lol...poor guy is so clueless sometimes but i still love him. Since starting on this and realizing how close we are to having a baby we have grown so close and he's grown as well. He's been ready for it for a while but it's getting so real. In a week I'll be going for the u/s and although seems so far away it's going to be here b4 we know it. :happydance:

Getting really nervous and not so sure. I've been really positive about it but now I'm not so sure :'(

Well, you really can't be sure.

You just have to roll with the punches and keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"