1st IVF Going Down Hill

bmcmanus

Reaction score
This is my first IVF cycle and what started out good, is now going downhill and I don't know how to process it. I want to be angry, I want to cry, I want to be hopeful. The rush of emotions right now are far more then this girl can handle. :sulk:

I just got my daily update from my doctor. This time it wasn't such great news. He said that my embryos are growing slower then what they would like to see at this point, but that Day 4 is almost a nebulous day anyway. He said that tomorrow could be completely different and they could start growing rapidly. He didn't sound very optimistic. All the embryos are at the 6-8 cell stage and they should be at the morola stage.

My history... been trying for two years:

02/09/10 - IUI #1 = BFN
04/11/10 - IUI #2 = BFP w/complications.
05/13/10 - Emergency Laproscopy and D&C (removed right tube)
08/18/10 - IVF #1 underway...
09/26/10 - Egg Retrieval (15 eggs)
09/27/10 - 14 eggs fertilized. 3 abnormally. 11 normally.
09/28/10 - 7 embryos @ 2 cell/4 embryos @ 4 cell
09/29/10 - 3-4 embryos @ 4 cell/6-7 embryos @ 5-8 cell
09/30/10 - 11 embryos @ 6-8 cell
10/01/10 - Possible Day 5 Transfer
10/02/10 - Possible Day 6 Transfer

Hello!

I am afraid I am not going to be of much help here. We have had two failed IVF cycles thus far but never been given a Day 4 update so I cannot give you a comparison. However I have heard of a huge variety of growth rates, some of our best embryos were still only a few cells at Day 3 for example, so perhaps yours are just taking their time?

Lots of luck for tomorrow, chin up xxx

Hello!

I had a failed first IVF. Give it till tomorrow to get worried. I know during the IVF process you live day to day versus in two week increments, but you doc is right. It could be completely different tomorrow. My doc would only call me for fertilization info, day 3, and day 5 results.

I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, but the one positive thing that came out of my failed IVF was that they were better prepared for my second.

I am currently 11+6 weeks. I wish I could tell you that the worrying will go away, but I'm practically in the clear, but I can't help but stress about my 12 week sono. If you are at this point of infertility than I know you are probably like the rest of us... worry warts. Being worried is very normal. I wish you the best of luck. If it happened for me, it will happen for you!

I didn't get a chance to update over the weekend, but on Friday I got a call from the doctor that the Embryologist wanted to do a Day 5 transfer of two of the best looking embies. They were right at edge of Blast stage. I believe they called it the Cavitating stage. So we went ahead and did the Day 5 transfer. I didn't do too much worrying over the weekend, just rested and stayed off my feet a lot.

However, let the worry fest begin. I just got a call from my nurse. She told me that none of the embies we had left over made it to freeze. She said one made it to Blast stage but quickly arrested. Now all I'm going to worry about is if the two (albeit great looking embies) they transferred didn't make it or just quick growing after transfer.

I hate worrying!

I won't tell you not to worry because I did during my ICSI :) You'll naturally do so.

If it's any consolation, I had 30 eggs retrieved, 29 fertilised, 4 embies at different rates of growth on 3rd day. The best embie was 8-cell with 15% fragmentation (meaning low chance of implantation). All other 25 embies didn't make it for freezing.

YET, i got my BFP. So don't give up :)

WOW, you had a lot of eggs. That is encouraging. I am trying to stay optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->