• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

1st MW appt soon

Mynxie

Reaction score
Bit erm, anxious.... I have a rare neuro condition which means that anything that invades my body can make it worse (among other things) and that includes needles, so unless it's really important, they can't have blood from me - but everything they test for can be found on my med records anyway...apart from anaemia, but I know I've gone anaemic cause under my eyelids have gone white. Don't mind bloods being taken if its important, but if its just for sake of it, - it's not happening! I'm not putting my baby at risk (a spread will make white blood cells attack my body) unless it's vital!

So...does anyone have any suggestions on how to tell MW about the condition I have? I have brochures and info, but I've heard some of these midwifes are mini hitlers! lol and to be honest, I'm sick of trying to explain complex condition to people who should've looked it up anyway, they've known in advance about it!

im sure she will have your medical history infront of her when you first go but its better just to remind them ;) i know when i first went i had to have bloods taken but with your circumstances im sure their will be a way to work round about it ;)

best of luck :D :hugs::hugs:

she's coming to my flat hun

the high risk team appts are at the hospital though.

You know, I'm not worried about all the baby things, I trust midwifes with that, but i'm petrified of how they're gonna be with my RSD (neuro condition) cause its so complex and so much stigma attached to it by people, grrr

oh well. lol

I think best you can do is try to explain, if she doesnt know much about the condition then inform her, help her help you. Remember you cant be forced into doing anything you feel isnt needed.
If worst comes to worse then you can always request another midwife.

Just try and explain it all to her and like the other girls said, she can't force you to do anything you don't want to do. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

I think that I would call her before you apt. and ask if she your review your med. records in advance just so she is aware of your condition....Best of luck for your apt.....

Yer I'd do what Suz has suggested but they should know your medical history if she doesn't make sure its the first thing she knows. x

Thanks everyone

I doubt she would've read my med records, - they're huge! Furthermore I doubt that she would've read up on RSD/CRPS... but it was written on the care form that was sent to her.

I suppose the benefit of it is that she can be told the proper stuff about RSD/CRPS and not just that the dodgy stuff...a friend of mine did some research when she was first diagnosed and found a paper, from America saying that it's caused soley by heating too many hot dogs! rofl - I wish! I wouldn't have the damn thing if it was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"