1st obgyn appt cancelled!!!

lilbeanfolk

Reaction score
I'm soo soo bummed!! Both my husband and I took off of work early to go to my first ObGyn appt, I'm 7 wks so was hoping for something, even if it's just to find out when I can get a scan and answer all these nagging questions. We were driving over when I got a call that the MD was "tied up in a surgery that went over" and wouldn't be back in the office til 4pm. So fine, I will come in at four. Ummm no ma'am we need to reschedule you for another day!!! WHAT!!??!! Between my husband and I we wasted how much $ in lost wages and they treat it like it's nothing, and I now need to request another 2-3 hours off another day just to probably do paperwork and be told I need to make ANOTHER appt in two weeks. Seriously pissed and totally bummed, held my tears till I got home then called work to say please please please can I be late for work on Friday, yes I know I took of three hours early today but... Ug!!! And her office had to audacity to tell me, "well you know this happens with specialty doctors", um well I'm in a "specialty" doctors office too and we have our other doctors see the patients when it's 15 minutes before their appointment when their cancelled!!
Sorry, need to rant, was just so excited to find out the plan, hopefully she won't cancel again, besides that my husband was really disappointed also. :cry:

I'm sorry! So did they reschedule you for Friday then? I'd be so ticked off if that happened to me!

I'm sorry! So did they reschedule you for Friday then? I'd be so ticked off if that happened to me!

They did, at 9am (first appt so she better not be late) and I need to talk to her and find out if this is a common thing because if so... I need to find a new doc. I just don't have the time to be wasting time off!! Plus, hello stressful!!! Thanks for the support, was so revved up and excited!

Id find a place that has more than one Dr so you can be seen even when your Dr is not in my OBGYN office has 6 Drs and I have to see all of them once and pick my 2 favorite for the delivery :) that way Ill be seen even if my Dr had to be gone for whatever reason :) Id really be mad couldnt they let you see the Nurse practicioner(sp?) thats who I always saw at my last Dr office when my dr was off in surgery they never made me reschedule

Unfortunately due to the nature of obstetrics (and doctors being there for as many deliveries as possible) this does happen in almost all practices, as far as I'm aware at least. The best way I found to get around it was to always book the earliest am appointment available and to try and build a great relationship with the receptionist.

I would get so frustrated with my doctor for running behind because I was paying for parking (our truck didn't fit in the underground) so it was hourly tickets we had to buy at $4/5 per hour. And of course I would be just getting into a room when the ticket we bought ran out and I didn't want to send oh down to pay for more in case he missed the doctor (he took time off work for these too) we ended up with a ticket a couple of times :( In the end I explained this to the receptionist and she would let us call before our appointment to find out how late he was running so we didn't have to pay for extra parking and wait forever in the room. If you get in good with them to they will be more realistic about what the wait times really are.

I totally understand that they don't have an excuse as such but even just reading through some other posts, different people expect/ want different things from their appointments. Some people want the doctor to spend time looking for an early heartbeat or might be having other issues that take a bit more time to discuss.

It's frustrating but worth it in the end when you have baby in your arms :hugs:

That's very true, I go to a center that has multiple doctors and midwives, but they still schedule the appt with a specific person each time, and it has happened before where they had to reschedule me. It doesn't change the fact that it's soooo FRUSTRATING! I was in the office waiting for over an hour when they told me I had to come back another day, so I understand how you feel.

Okay, so went to my rescheduled appointment and the doctor could not have been more apologetic. AND!!!! I got to see the peanut and his little heartbeat!! So worth the wait!!! My husband couldn't try to get the time off again so I video'd it on my phone and sent it too him. She's also going to do it again in two weeks so hubby can see first hand. She said to expect a look at baby with just about every visit, suddenly loving my doc!!

It was worth the wait to see the peanut. Trying to post the US picture but I'm not very technically minded, how do I do it?? Geez!!
Can't wait to see him again on the 12th, the doc said peanut will be looking more like a baby then!!

Yeah, I'm glad you got a better experience this time around :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->