1st post:suggest remedies 4 thumb sucking

mrs awan

Reaction score
Hello All
i am a first time poster at dis forum...i hope 2 learn from all ur experiences and share our great joys of parenthood:)

Right now I am facing a pretty common worry of all the first-time parents:my six months old baby boy is a constant thumb-sucker and i have no clue what to do...keeping his hands in gloves is irritating to him so please suggest effective remedy....looking forward to ur participation.

thank u very much.

regards,
mrs awan.

To help your child stop thumb sucking, you should try Thumbuddy To Love. You can get it on Amazon or their web site.
It really is for 3-6 year olds so your baby is too young, but it is a positive teaching tool for parents and kids that comes with a book and thumb puppet and even calandar and stickers to help your child stay motivated. Works great and really cute!

I wouldn't worry about it now, babies like to suck, so it probably comforts him right now!

I was a finger sucker until 2 and in the end my gran just put a plain plaster on it and I hated the texture so stopped

thanx 2 all:)got ur sweet suggestions,i'll try n i hope it will work,keep in touch so we can share our ideas as well as discuss our problems:)

Ha, perhaps I'll try it. Still wake up with my thumb in my mouth at age 29!!

Ha, perhaps I'll try it. Still wake up with my thumb in my mouth at age 29!!

Hello:)
I am Sadia,im surprised dat u still take ur thumb...wow great:thumbup:i think now i should not take any tension abt my thumb-sucker baby;)r u pregnant? i hope ur pregnancy is going well:)tc.

My sister was a thumb sucker in childhood for years and had bucked teeth later because of it.

Having said that really thumb sucking or attachment to a toy is a good sign and a part of natural development. Children go througha phase learning to self comfort. Thumb sucking etc are examples of this. Its good because it shows he is gaining some independance to be able to settle himself.

I wouldnt worry too much at the moment. when the time comes that u feel u want to wean him from it - the only thing that worked for my sister was 'stop and grow' which was a haorrible tasting nail polish to stop you biting your nails. It worked wonders for her thumb sucking too! It tastes FOUL!

ugh, the thought of stop and grow still makes me shudder!!! my mum used it to stop me biting my nails... nasty nasty stuff but it works!

ugh, the thought of stop and grow still makes me shudder!!! my mum used it to stop me biting my nails... nasty nasty stuff but it works!

I feel ur pain ;) It used to make my school sandwiches taste awful..not sure how i managed to taste sandwich and finger at the same time....but the outcome was blurh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->