1st Pregnancy, 1st Trimester

Mrs. Sosa

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
I know this is probably a weird question, but I was wondering how each of your husbands/boyfriends/daddy2B's are reacting to this pregnancy. Do they act any different around you? In what ways? Do you feel appreciated more/less? Do they do things for you? Do they complain? Do they understand what you are going through? Etc?

~Heather
10 weeks 2 days pregnant
Marrried for 2 years

Mine is being great, making me rest, doing all the chores as he says I am doing the biggest job of all by growing the baby. I know I'm really lucky and really appreciate him!

hi heather welcome to first tri :hugs:

my oh is being brilliant he is constantly asking if im ok and rallying round after me the other night i was fast asleep at 6.45pm and he got lo bathed and ready for bed and didnt even wake me untill he had warmed the bed up for me to get into :)
when i do things for him he is very appreciative - makes me want to do it more :)
he wont even let me touch the hover which i think is fantastic :happydance: or carry the washing basket and im not even allowed to go anywhere near the kittens litter trey :happydance:

hows your oh reacting to you being preg?

:hugs:

My OH is actually quite confusing. One day he will do everything for me, clean the litter box, make meals, not let me even push a shopping cart or pick up heavy things. Other days he will get a little frustrated saying that I need to get out of bed (when I have MS and extreme fatigue), or make his meals, or clean the whole house before he gets home from work. It makes me feel worthless sometimes.

But since this is both of our first times expecting, I think he just needs to read up a little on what exactly my body is experiencing. Then maybe he would be a little more understanding on my limits this trimester.

=)

This baby has been a long time coming for us both, so Hubby is thrilled to pieces. He's very protective and always looks up when I can and can't eat before we go shopping. He kisses my tummy at every opportunity and barely lets me lift a finger....With that said I've had a rough start to the pregnancy with quite a few complications from the IVF....So he's just being extra careful. But he can't wait to be a daddy.

My OH is actually quite confusing. One day he will do everything for me, clean the litter box, make meals, not let me even push a shopping cart or pick up heavy things. Other days he will get a little frustrated saying that I need to get out of bed (when I have MS and extreme fatigue), or make his meals, or clean the whole house before he gets home from work. It makes me feel worthless sometimes.

But since this is both of our first times expecting, I think he just needs to read up a little on what exactly my body is experiencing. Then maybe he would be a little more understanding on my limits this trimester.

=)

my oh was exactly like that when we were expecting our first - i think its hard for men as they arnt feeling what we are and especially atthis stage you cant see anything is happening from the outside - so i spose they feel a little left out.... as you say if he reads up on whats going on he may understand more and when you go for your first scan he will be able to see bubs which made my oh act differently

all the best heres to a hnh 9 months :hugs:

We have already had our first scan. He was really excited to hear the heart beat at a rapid 160. We then saw our little bean on the screen. Only the docs said they ran out of thermal paper, so they wouldn't print any pictures for us. (Military docs are very rude and cold). I didn't get to see the screen because the doc had it facing the other way. So I didn't get to experience that first scan. But I think it has a lot to do with my belly not being huge or something. Although he does talk to my belly and kiss it all the time. And that's really sweet of him. =)

how annoying that you didnt get to see the screen :( or get a pic,
aww its great when they kiss your tum i love it :happydance) the other day my lo who is nearly 3 copied his daddy and kissed my tum i started crying - hormones! am a right weapy thing lately :blush: x

my boyfriend went out on friday and showed the entire pub the scan picture off his phone lol, ive had so many people tell me that he was talking about it at every oppurtunity to whoever would listen, i think its amazing, as wer quite a young couple ( hes 20, im almost 21)

but he has been amazing, i also love it wen he kisses or strokes my belly :D

Very much the same as you Mrs Sosa.. one day he does EVERYTHING for me and the house, then the next I'll come home from work to find the house in utter chaos and nothing done! :growlmad:

He looks utterly bewildered when I burst into tears at the slightest thing (i.e a sad commercial on the TV :dohh: )

All in all he is soooo excited at becoming a dad he just can't keep it in and tells anything with ears (so much for waiting til our first scan!!) Yep mines a serial 'tummy kisser' too!!! :kiss:

Very much the same as you Mrs Sosa.. one day he does EVERYTHING for me and the house, then the next I'll come home from work to find the house in utter chaos and nothing done! :growlmad:

He looks utterly bewildered when I burst into tears at the slightest thing (i.e a sad commercial on the TV :dohh: )

All in all he is soooo excited at becoming a dad he just can't keep it in and tells anything with ears (so much for waiting til our first scan!!) Yep mines a serial 'tummy kisser' too!!! :kiss:

Even the normal/happy commercials make me cry. Like the swifter wet jet mop commercials, or dog food commercials...Just anything. LoL

Well my pregnancy was a huge huge shock. We didnt talk about it for 2 days as we were both a bit aprehensive to bring it up. When we did eventually talk we mainly talked about what fears we were having at the time. We have only just moved in to this house what we rent off OH's mum (who is a complete & utter bitch), we are renovating it & then buying it.

I borrowed a complete book of pregnancy & babys first year off my best mate & he has had a bit of a read of it. I've felt extreamly exhausted, not been able to move off sofa etc & he has been great. He fetches & carries for me & hasnt presured me to do things.

Its defo starting to sink in a bit more now & we have talked more & we are both really excited now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->