1st pregnancy & already feeling huge and uncomfortable

kc1980

Reaction score
I am 12 weeks and I already feel like I am huge and am extremely uncomfortable. Any other first-timers like this? My OH thinks I am imagining it :blush: I plan on telling work tomorrow after my scan today - I don't think that I would be able to hide it much longer anyway!

Is it a certain body type that shows early? I am tall and quite slim and wonder if that makes a difference.

I had to tell the HR that I was expecting, when I was at week 8, cause I was so bloated that I thought that they may have noticed anyway.

as you can tell by my ticker, I am very early but bloated beyond belief. I just knew if I was in the wrong position and sneezed, I would have came out of my pants involuntarily. I hate to buy new clothes so soon as it's still early but I can't stand feeling like I'm about to bust out my clothes.

Sorry to hear you are struggling so early on.

Just to make you feel better - I have only started feeling uncomfortable in the last week or so - I will be 36wks on friday!

I was so lucky that I didnt even tell work til 18wks too - but if you are not feeling good-need time off etc then do tell work early!

I hope you feel better soon - most folk say into 2nd tri and you feel great -:flower:

Thanks - I know it will feel a lot better when I don't have to pull my tummy in at work! i.e. TOMORROW!!!!
I have my 12 week scan in 6 hours & literally can't wait to start telling people. Everyone at work probably just thinks I'm getting fat because I'm also eating like a little piggie. :blush:

hey hun, i told y work straight away coz i wanted to do my health n safety straight away coz of a mmc in april but one of the mums knew i was pregnant when i was about 9 weeks! lol my womb is apparantly sitting forward so ive had a wee bump for a few weeks now, but i really notice it now! still fit into all my jeans n that but they're tight! lol i would guess that if your naturally slim you maybe show earlier??? sorry your feeling so uncomfortable, from about week 8 until week 10 i had awful lower back pain but i feel gr8 now! x

Hi
You're not alone! With Poppy I was in maternity stuff really on and looked about 20 pregnant at about 6 weeks! It was just bloatedness though and settled down after the
1st Tri.

Not been as bad so far with #2 but one or two people have aready guessed as I have a definite bump now!

I was huge on my son,so you are not alone. I was a size 6- 8 prior to having him and was showing really early on about 8 - 9 weeks. This time round, Im not showing that much but I cannot wear fitted clothes yet as I look like I have eaten too many burgers. I cant wait to have an obvious bump so I dont look fat! lol

Dont worry...people are so different and I never imagined I would be so big as I am quite petite normally and dont struggle with my weight at all.

I am in the beefy club. Only 7 weeks and a bit but sooooo uncomfortable.

I had a thread on it a while back. We laughed lots about it.

I think I am so bloated I feel like I might pop. I was worried it was too soon but many ladies have put my mind at rest that I am not simply a porker. Its just your body preparing itself.

Me too bump buddy!!! I am quite tall and slim and feel like I am showing already. My friend at work who knows im pregnant said I looked pregnant today. Umm, gee... thanks? haha. She said, that's a good thing, because i was pregnant with twins and didn't show til i was 5 months (she's a bigger girl). Im also feeling really heavy and uncomfortable in my lower abdomin and its just really started the past few days. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Good luck with your scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->