1st scan in uk- internal or external??

scottiejunior

Reaction score
I was wondering what generally happens in the uk- I've had 2 scans early on done internally as I had a few problems but I'm wondering as I'm coming up to my '1st' scan if it's internal or not??

I think anything past 10 weeks is abdominal (tummy) and any under is transvaginal. That's what I read in my booklet anyway. If you go private you can get an abdominal scan from 8 weeks depending on their scanner.

with this pregnancy iv had 2 scans already due to bleeding im 6 ish weeks. they were both internal but with my son i had a scan at 8 weeks which was external and they saw him fine xx

Your 12 week scan is external, if they can not get a clear enough external imagine they will do one internally.

Any 'early pregnancy scans', so the ones around 7 weeks and stuff are done internally

at ur 1st scan they now do ur bloods then a tummy scan then u have the option to have the internal this is to look at how the cervix is see if they see any they would mean ur going have baby early and how the blood is flowing u can turn this one down iv had friends turn it down ,iv got mine next tusday and as long as the person doing the scan is nice (not rude or moody ) ill have it done good luck

I had an early pregnancy scan at 7+1 which was done externally. They said because I had such a full bladder it was very clear, and did not need an internal scan.

when i had one done at 4 weeks ish they did a tummy one first then had to do an vagina one. when i paid for my scan at 6weeks 4days they did it on tummy and saw everything fine. can a tummy scan at early stage show the baby to be smaller than it should or would the vagina one and tummy one show the baby the same size?

I had 2 scans one at 7weeks 6days and one at 9weeks both were external and my 12week scan tomorrow x

I had a scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding and it was external. I have my dating scan on the 9th december and im sure it'll be external too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->