1st Scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Clartylou, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Clartylou

Clartylou Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2

I have my 1st scan on Thursday, we are both excited, but I am nervous too lol. My question is do I need to take anything with me?

All my letter says is to drink 2 pints of fluid one hour before the scan.

Cx

2. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Aww hun i hope you enjoy it, just drink your water and take your letter showing the appointment...thats all i had to take anyway....

...O except if you have to pay for your Scan pics (or for extra copies) you may need the correct change. xxxx

3. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

Oooo exciting!!!

I just drank my water and was bursting!
    My appointment card.
    And also some money for the scan pics. In the Royal its a suggested donation of £1 per picture. The little box was on the wall in the scan room.

Cant wait to see your picture!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

4. blueberryuk

blueberryuk Active Member

I had to take a sample of urine too, might be worth taking on just in case?

I drank about 2 pints of water and a cup of tea beforehand and was absolutly bursting by the time I went in for the scan. Even the scanning lady said 'oh my dear your bladder is rather full, you don't need to drink that much next time'!

I was very nervous too but as soon as you get in there and LO pops up on the screen you will feel the most amazing feeling ever. Enjoy it.

Anna x

5. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

I only needed my appointment card. I called the midwife before to ask if I need to drink alot before coming and she said no. I think it depends on the machine they use and the person carrying out the scan at how good the pics will come out anyway ;)