1st Sono - Panic

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
So, I originally had my yearly OBGYN visit scheduled for next Monday before I got my BFP. I called this morning to let them know plans have changed a bit and apparently my doctor does a sonogram at the first visit now. She didn't do that with my first pregnancy, she had me wait until 8 weeks. While I'm excited at the prospect of seeing my little one so soon, I'm also scared to death there won't be a heartbeat and I'll have to wait and hope for the best for 2 weeks.

I am so scared now....has anyone had luck seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks?

:cry::cry::cry:

I would say it will be 50/50 shot of seeing a heartbeat. You should be able to see a fetal pole at least which is a positive sign. If you are the type to get very stressed out and panicky if they can't see the heartbeat yet, perhaps you can tell your doctor you would like to wait until you are 7 weeks and far more likely to definitely see a heartbeat.

I see a lot of women getting ultrasounds prior to that go through tremendous stress during the two week wait.

I saw a heartbeat at 6&3, but I know not everyone does. Can you put it back a week so that you are 7 weeks when you go for your first scan?

I asked if I could push it back but she won't have anything available until I would be almost 9 weeks and I don't want to wait that long either (haha) - and the receptionist reassured me she often does sonograms at 6 weeks and is able to see what she needs to see.

I will just try to relax and hope that I see a heartbeat. :/

Thanks everyone!

I did. My OB said he expects to see one by then, although I know not everyone does. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->