1st Time Clomid - Delayed Ovulation?

Discussion in 'Assisted Conception' started by AG75, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AG75

AG75 Well-Known Member

I tried searching because I'm sure there is already a topic on this but I can't get the search to work!
    Anyway I am on my first round of clomid, 100mg CD2-6. I started doing OPKs on CD10 and right away I was getting lines, not positive but almost there, then they started fading, now I'm CD14 and I'm getting only very faint lines. I'm confused, in the past when I've done OPKs (not on any drugs) I was getting faint lines on around CD12 turning to positive by CD14 like clockwork. I'm trying to do an IUI this cycle too and now I'm worried maybe I ovulated really early? Or is it just delayed because of the clomid and those faint lines I was seeing was just left over from the Clomid time? I really want to schedule my IUI and I'm getting impatient and frustrated that I'm not seeing any progress in my OPKs.

2. mrssunshine78

mrssunshine78 Mammy at last

my first clomid cycle i ov'd on something like day 20, normally mine was CD15 or 16, so yeah you might ov late

good luck

3. hollyw79

hollyw79 Well-Known Member

Yes, Clomid CAN affect when you ovulate... so it's possible. Can I ask though~ how often are you using OPK's??? I am a HUGE advocate of testing 2-3 times a day after my experience a couple of months ago in pretty much missing the surge bc I only tested once- I was ALL OVER the OPK's this last month and thankfully caught my surge super early and SO BLESSED that it worked with the first IUI. I highly doubt the Clomid affected your OPk's after cd9- it usually only stays in your system for 2-3 days after. Best of luck to you my dear and keep testing just in case you DO ovulate late!

4. AG75

AG75 Well-Known Member

Phew thanks, I'm all dissapointed over here thinking I missed it and won't be able to do the IUI. But hopefully it's just coming later than normal.

Hate hate hate waiting, I still have the 2WW to face too. Ugh.

5. AG75

AG75 Well-Known Member

hollyw79 - I did OPK in the afternnon on CD 10 and 11 then on CD 12 I started testing in the am and again in the afternoon. I will keep doing this until I get the +.

PS I read you had success on your first IUI, you give me hope!!!

6. hollyw79

AG75~ that's a good thing you are testing in the afternoon- I got my first + @ 3pm- was allllllllllllmost positive that morning... so I knew it would be around the corner. Definitely keep testing- you can O early OR late with Clomid. Thankfully mine happened right on the money as it did previous months on cd15. Btw- my lines didn't get progressively darker all of the time- it sometimes seemed darker and lighter- so that isn't always the best way to judge- it can just BOOM be positive! Best of luck!!! :dust:

7. AG75

AG75 Well-Known Member

Cool that's what I am hoping will happen, it will just be positive like that. I want to do this IUI this cycle!! I had a lap and dye done and I've done everything I can to be prepared for this cycle, I will be devasted if I don't even ovulate this month.

8. hollyw79

I definitely understand my dear!! It's still a smidgen early in your cycle so I think you will be okay, just stay on top of it! :hugs: FX'd for you!

9. AG75

AG75 Well-Known Member

Finally just got a + OPK! It happened like that, boom, like you said. Just called and am going in for my IUI tomorrow, we are expecting a huge snowstorm too, but nothing is going to stop me now, so excited!!!

10. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

That is fantastic news!!! Yay pos+ OPK! hehe. Hope the snow stays away till your done!

Hope it works hun!!! Best of luck ;)

11. hollyw79

:happydance: That is AWESOME! I am glad you got your positive!!!:happydance:

Best of luck tomorrow for your IUI~ let us know how it goes!

:dust: