1st time in 11yrs!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by gingerclaire, Mar 30, 2011.

1. gingerclaire

gingerclaire Well-Known Member

I was born with epilepsy and have grand mal fits
    since I was 12yrs iv been on Lamictal
    and its been under control havent had any fits
    had tests done before we started trying for a baby, and they said the epilepsy was stil there, but the meds i was on were fine for baby
    then yesterday I was at wrk(I wrk in a kitchen)
    and I had a grand mal fit :cry:
    was taken striaght to hospital
    they checked baby and beanie is fine, they kept me in over night
    the specailist checked me this morning, he has upt my meds and signed me striaght onto mat leave from today!! :nope:
    Im so upset, and I dont know what Im going to do for the next 5months :shrug:
    I begged the doctor saying I only work 12hrs per week, I love my job, doctor thought I was weird coz I said this, but he werent having any of it, told me I cant put me and baby at any more risks!!
    was I totally agree with, but its going to be so hard as I live in Austria and all my family are in England!!!

2. KatieMRi

KatieMRi Well-Known Member

Awwww hugs honey my brother has it so I know what it's like (well as much as I can) you'll get through this. Not much I can say really but I hope you're ok x

3. crystal09

crystal09 Well-Known Member

hugs Sorry this happened to you. Hope all will be well. Take the time to take time for u. Take care of urself hunny

4. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

Hi Claire, :hugs:
    i've been on lamictal since i was 16, I've also been clear for 13 years and really really feel for you. I cant imagine how upsetting and confusing it was.
    Did you feel funny before hand or was it just out of the blue? :(
    Fantastic news that baby is well! i was told all along that lamictal was the best drug to be on for the sake of the baby.
    How annoying that you are signed off as well, as you love your job that is... can they make you be off? or just advise it? hmmmm
    Hope you are feeling ok today?
    Pleased that you and baby are both ok. :hugs:

5. CeeCee2010

CeeCee2010 Mummy to Jessica xxx

Sorry hun that this has happened. Take care of yourself and bubs :Hugs: X

6. dogmaddebbie

dogmaddebbie Member

Oh I really feel for you. I have epilepsy, fully controlled for 19 years now (since I was 16yrs old) and it's a big fear that it will return for me. Luckily so far I've had no signs of it returning and I'm nearly 26weeks pregnant.

I am on Sodium Valproate but all scans have shown everything is OK with baby.

Good luck and make sure you get plenty of rest.

x