1st time mum's; overdue thread...

LittleBambino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd create a thread for those who are first-time mum's to be [like me] who are closely approaching their due date or overdue. I've heard on many occassions that first-time mothers tend to be overdue but why is it that every 1st time mother I know had their baby some point between 37 - 39?!

How are you all feeling phsycially/emotionally/mentally?

I'm now 1 day over and physically I feel great, I've just spring...well, winter cleaned...the whole flat. I'm so anxious now but so ready!

I have a 'sweep' booked for Wed too, hoping it'll happen before any clinical help!

Let me know how you and your LO's are doing.

Hi LittleBambino

I am now a week overdue today :(

My baby's been a little naughty, he was oblique at 35 weeks, then at 37 weeks he was breech, I had an ecv at 38 weeks and they couldn't turn him, and the day before my c-section was booked they discovered he was head down but not engaged! And since then he's just kept us waiting!!

How are you feeling? I feel like baby is never going to come! I had a sweep a couple days ago but it wasn't successful. Have another sweep booked for tuesday morning and an induction booked for friday. I have been trying to keep myself busy but feel like I could get pretty upset about being so overdue if I thought about it too much!

Hi LittleBambino

My baby's been a little naughty, he was oblique at 35 weeks, then at 37 weeks he was breech, I had an ecv at 38 weeks and they couldn't turn him, and the day before my c-section was booked they discovered he was head down but not engaged! And since then he's just kept us waiting!!

How are you feeling? I feel like baby is never going to come! I had a sweep a couple days ago but it wasn't successful. Have another sweep booked for tuesday morning and an induction booked for friday. I have been trying to keep myself busy but feel like I could get pretty upset about being so overdue if I thought about it too much!

A week overdue?! You've seem to have come on a little rollercoaster since 35 weeks. It must have been so horrible for you to expect to meet your little boy then to be told you'd have to wait?! I can understand you anticipation, to some degree. My little boy isn't fully enagegd either, in fact, he moved back up a few days ago...whether that's possible or not, I do not know.

Was the sweep painful? I hope yours goes well Tues. I really do not want to be induced, I'm sure you agree? I expected to have him here by 38 weeks! Oh, silly me...if only I knew, haha! So, this is your first baby? :)

Hey :) I'm 5 days overdue now and generally feeling crap, getting very nervous about giving birth too - babys back to back :( Went to go for a sweep a day before my due date but my cervix was too high so she couldn't reach it to do it :( I hope your sweep works for you and you have your baby soon xx

Can I join you ladies? Today is my due date but there are absolutely no signs he's coming any time soon. Feeling huge and a bit impatient. And fed up that I'm using my precious maternity leave to sit in the house waiting.

hey ladies, im 41+1 and fit to crack up..REALLY thought id have baby in arms now..have been so fit and active throughout the pregnancy that i was sure it would come early-big mistake thinking that!!i had a sweep when 3 days overdue but wasn't fully effaced and so it didn't work..back to the clinic Tuesday if i haven't gone in by then and talking about induction which i really didn't want..howsever the baby is the priority..:cry:

Can I join you? One day overdue. Think I had my bloody show yesterday and cramping that seems to have stopped. Somehow feeling more patient now over 40 weeks.

I'm not quite there yet but I'm going to jump in and annoy you anyway because I need an active thread to harrass :haha:

hi :) im 11 days over... 11 days omg just wrote that an felt emotional.....lol.. had sweep 2 days ago, lost my plug 12 hours ago, and nothing since.. im sooo fed up.. got induction booked for wednesday im so desperate to go naturally.. i was told saturday that i was very favorable and dilated , babys head very low an she was surprised i was still walking.... baby is back to back also.... it is like torture, im sleeping 1-2 hours a night......any1 more than 11 days ova? feel like im the only 1 x

hey can i join :-(

i am 3 days overdue and feel crap, wish things would speed up abit

Hi LittleBambino

A week overdue?! You've seem to have come on a little rollercoaster since 35 weeks. It must have been so horrible for you to expect to meet your little boy then to be told you'd have to wait?! I can understand you anticipation, to some degree. My little boy isn't fully enagegd either, in fact, he moved back up a few days ago...whether that's possible or not, I do not know.

Was the sweep painful? I hope yours goes well Tues. I really do not want to be induced, I'm sure you agree? I expected to have him here by 38 weeks! Oh, silly me...if only I knew, haha! So, this is your first baby? :)

Thanks for your reply LittleBambino, how are things going with you? Had my second sweep today and they actually managed to do it (first time they couldn't reach the top of my cervix). They said I was 1cm dialated, but baby is now not engaged - arg!! Midwife didn't seem too worried. I don't want to be induced either - I have two days to go and praying for natural labour. Just had a stronger contraction about an hour ago but nothing since. Shouldn't get my hopes up I know!!

Abbeyg how are you going? When is your second sweep? My second sweep was a lot better than my first, just uncomfortable and not painful at all!

Sopho, how are you going, hanging in there? Do you have an induction booked? Mine is booked for 40+12 so yours must be getting close.

Best of luck ladies - we will have our little ones soon!! :thumbup:

Sopho just read your thread again - best of luck with your induction tomorrow - hope all goes well. Meldy, Leopard, MyTurnYet, bobbsy and 1sttimemum, hang in there, praying you all go into labour naturally soon!

thank u... im so oo scared ... ill let ya know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"