1st Tri 'Limbo'?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ellie, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

no, not the game where you wiggle under a stick ....

it's just, the past few days, I've really been feeling in some kind of wierd limbo. the first half of 1st tri seems taken up with all the testing and early symptoms and planning and maybe seeing midwives/doctors etc ... the second half, once you've done all of that, kind of feels like nothing is happening? i still feel ill much of the time, but other than no period it still feels like i might be imagining it all (even though I saw the baby and heartbeat last week)! Like I'm just poised holding my breath waiting to go into 2nd tri or at least have a bump or the 'proper' 12wk scan to make it all feel more real or make it feel like we really will have a baby .....

it's also like, close family and friends know, and the medics know, but most people in my life don't, and I just have to carry on 'as normal', so it feels like a bit of a wierd lie or something?

Does anyone else feel like this? or am I just over tired and losing it a bit :)

2. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

i know what you mean about imagining it? sometimes its hard to beleive i am actually pregnant, i think i will only really beleive when i have a bump lol!

3. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

I don't think you're alone on this one. I felt the same, for the last few weeks before I had my scan I thought that I could just be imagining it as my nausea had calmed down. I think you get used to some of the little symptoms though like sore boobs, constantly going to the loo etc.

I had my scan on Friday last week the nausea came back and I'm getting headaches, but I still feel a bit in limbo because I'm not showing yet. I don't think we'll ever be happy though, I'll probably be moaning when I do have a bump :)

4. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

I think almost every woman goes through this stage in 1st trimester. Symptoms coming and going, etc. causes the limbo stage a lot of the times.

Then you enter 2nd trimester, and with bump appearing and feeling the movements, it becomes more real :)

5. buffycat

buffycat mummy to Enid & Anna...

you are not alone....this feels like limbo land to me as well!

my nausea has backed off, my paranoia is working overtime....and i still have another 3weeks 6 days before my scan!

aarrgghh!

just hoping that all will be well......:cloud9:

:hugs:

6. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I agree.. roll on Second Tri when symptoms settle (hopefully!) and a bump appears and you feel movement! Then it really does begin to feel more real, rather than you just feelin sick and bloated all the time! I cant wait :happydance:

7. Rebaby

Rebaby Mum to 2 boys

You are not alone! The days can't pass by quickly enough for me right now and i hate it because i don't want to be wishing my pregnancy away i just want to feel more comfortable and confident with it all, which i think i'll only get once i am safely into 2nd trimester.

:hug: