1st Tri Moms: PLEASE HELP ME!

Scootpootie

Reaction score
Hi all!

Congrats on all of your pregnancies!
As you can see, I'm TTC an '09 miracle!
I posted this same question in the TTC forum and didn't get many bites.
I am begging for your help and support.:cry:

"I was just wondering... My ovulation days are from 4/9 to 4/12. I had sex everyday from 4/4 to 4/9. I had every intention of bd-ing 4/10 and 4/11 but OH is acting like a brat: tired, muscles hurt... Anyway, am I still in the running for this month? The websites say that if I'm trying for a girl then I covered all the days I need to. Does the whole "days before O can still be good conceive days" work? Have any of you ever gotten pregnant on the days leading up to O? If so, how many days before O? Point blank, am I out for this month?????:cry::hissy:

Thanks for any help!"

I thought I was definitely out as we only BDed about 3 days before ovulation but I'm ten weeks now so it just goes to show those sperm can be long-lived little things, so I would say you are still in with a chance.

I thought I was definitely out as we only BDed about 3 days before ovulation but I'm ten weeks now so it just goes to show those sperm can be long-lived little things, so I would say you are still in with a chance.

Thanks for giving me hope. You're awesome!:hugs:

Hey Scoot :hug:

Um, I didn't have very long TTC, so maybe some of the other girls will be able to give you more info... but what I understand of the theory is that anything from 5 days before OV should put you in with a chance.

The worrying thing is none of this is an exact science, and it drives us all up the wall trying to crystal ball enough information to put us at ease :/ I know our successful attempt was 24 hrs before OV.

Have you got some of those OV tests? They sound like the closest thing you're going to get to hard facts - that's if this month doesn't go how you hope. I was amazed how cheaply you can buy the little pee sticks on ebay, the people I used posted really quick and it was all private so nobody snooping could find out what I was upto ;)

I used the OV tests because I decided that probably going to be less obtrusive to our normal lives than chasing DH up the stairs every five minutes. Poor boys get a little wigged out by it all I think ;)

Fingers crossed for you hon, but if you are looking at next cycle - get the OV tests, then you'll get an idea when you're aiming at at least :)

I couldn't be certain, but I suspect that I ovulated after the BD...

I thought i had no chance this cycle, we only BD on the day of my ovulation test being positive and not for 5 days before that and not after that! I think it was only 24 hours after we BD that I acually Ovd.

Good luck - I still think you have a chance this cycle!

We had sex the 2 days before I ovulated and that was it. Of course, it makes things easier when you chart your temps and cervical mucus and use OPKs. There's a really great website that sells packs of OPKs and pregnancy tests for pretty cheap. I ordered a pack that had 20 OPKs and 5 pregnancy tests for $16.95 and free shipping. Got it within about 4 days, I think. (US based company)
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ovulationtests.html

Of course, international shipping takes longer and costs more, but they do ship anywhere.

Hey Scoot :hug:

Um, I didn't have very long TTC, so maybe some of the other girls will be able to give you more info... but what I understand of the theory is that anything from 5 days before OV should put you in with a chance.

The worrying thing is none of this is an exact science, and it drives us all up the wall trying to crystal ball enough information to put us at ease :/ I know our successful attempt was 24 hrs before OV.

Have you got some of those OV tests? They sound like the closest thing you're going to get to hard facts - that's if this month doesn't go how you hope. I was amazed how cheaply you can buy the little pee sticks on ebay, the people I used posted really quick and it was all private so nobody snooping could find out what I was upto ;)

I used the OV tests because I decided that probably going to be less obtrusive to our normal lives than chasing DH up the stairs every five minutes. Poor boys get a little wigged out by it all I think ;)

Fingers crossed for you hon, but if you are looking at next cycle - get the OV tests, then you'll get an idea when you're aiming at at least :)

Thanks so much for responding! Yes, I've been using OV tests and they showed positive for 4/11 and 4/12, definitely. Thanks for the support and advice. I really appreciate it!:hugs:

I thought i had no chance this cycle, we only BD on the day of my ovulation test being positive and not for 5 days before that and not after that! I think it was only 24 hours after we BD that I acually Ovd.

Good luck - I still think you have a chance this cycle!

I hope so! It's amazing how anal we've gotten with this whole process. Which day? What time did you pee? It's making me crazy! Thanks loopdido, and congrats!:hugs:

We had sex the 2 days before I ovulated and that was it. Of course, it makes things easier when you chart your temps and cervical mucus and use OPKs. There's a really great website that sells packs of OPKs and pregnancy tests for pretty cheap. I ordered a pack that had 20 OPKs and 5 pregnancy tests for $16.95 and free shipping. Got it within about 4 days, I think. (US based company)
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ovulationtests.html

Of course, international shipping takes longer and costs more, but they do ship anywhere.

Thanks! I have never temp'd, but I used OPKs this cycle. I was most fertile on 4/11 and 4/12. But the last day I bd'ed was on 4/9. I hope the :spermy: stayed around for a few days!!:hugs:

on fertilityfriends (charting site) it recommends u BD 3-2-1 days b4 O and a day after to have the best chance, so i wud say ur still in with a goodchance xx

after 5yrs of ttc, and being methodical on bd every day, and using this and that, this time i gave up, and only bd once before i ov, and got my bfp, so really, i dont know how it works, its just i think lucky

on fertilityfriends (charting site) it recommends u BD 3-2-1 days b4 O and a day after to have the best chance, so i wud say ur still in with a goodchance xx

Thanks! Your encouragement means so much! I am truly praying for a miracle!:hugs:

after 5yrs of ttc, and being methodical on bd every day, and using this and that, this time i gave up, and only bd once before i ov, and got my bfp, so really, i dont know how it works, its just i think lucky

Congrats on your pregnancy! I read so many posts about women desperately trying for months, and then just giving up all the guessing and charting and getting preggers! You're truly blessed, have a GREAT pregnancy and thanks for responding!:hugs:

You definitely have a chance. We did it before ov and it worked.

Good luck dear!! :dust:

by the looks of it you've bedded your OH at the very best time! Sperm stays in your body up to 3 days, so they would still be swimming around come the 12th!

Good luck with it hunni, let us know if you get your BFP!!!

You definitely have a chance. We did it before ov and it worked.

Good luck dear!! :dust:

Hey, it's my pal Snugglebot!

Thanks for responding and being positive as usual. I'm so glad to read this encouragement because most women were saying that they bd'ed the day before and the day of OV. Glad to know this month wasn't a bust!!:happydance:
P.S. I started a journal finally! :hugs:

by the looks of it you've bedded your OH at the very best time! Sperm stays in your body up to 3 days, so they would still be swimming around come the 12th!

Good luck with it hunni, let us know if you get your BFP!!!

You have absolutely, positively made my Easter Day! Thank you for your words of encouragement! I was really feeling down!:hugs:

Anyone else have any stories/advise that I can obsess over?

:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->