1st trimeaster and scared

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lisafred, Apr 13, 2009.

1. lisafred

lisafred New Member

Can anyone please help. Im 4/5 weeks pregnant and yeasterday noticed a brownish discharge, to cut a long atory short, i have been trying for a baby with new hubby for the past 7 years, and lost 4 till now. I do have 2 sons from prev marraige and with the lost babies i lost red blood so feel at a loss to know what is normal and what is a warning sign. so as you can appreciate i am absolutely terrified.please help lisa

2. xBabycakes

xBabycakes Guest

remember, brown blood = old blood. i don't want to read and run, but i'm sure everything will be fine. if you're not having any cramps then hopefully things will be ok. It could be an old implantation bleed, seen as it's not bright red. but if it does turn red and you have severe cramps go to A&E soon as possible.

hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

3. Rebaby

Rebaby Mum to 2 boys

I can understand being worried after everything you've been through :hugs: but like babycakes says, generally brown blood alone is not a reason to worry, unless there is a lot of it, or it turns red, or you have pain as well.

I haven't had any spotting in this pregnancy but i have read so many posts on here from ladies who have, so hopefully it is just one of those things which is quite common but makes you worry all the same!

Have you booked an appointment with your GP or Midwife since you found out? They might be able to put your mind at rest more.

Fingers crossed this is your sticky bean.

:hug:

4. clare81

clare81 Well-Known Member

hiya, i got a browny discharge at the same stage, apparently this is common my Doctor told me and nothing to worry about (unless you get alot of red blood and pain, in which case you should contact your GP or MW).

I know its scary in the first trimester, but try remain positive hunni, stressing out about it is just gonna make you feel worse xxx

5. lisafred

lisafred New Member

thankyou to all the kind ladies who replied to my post, but unfortunately i really think ive lost the pregnancy as i did 2 tests this morning ( only cheap ones) and they both read negative. how can i have a positive 3 days ago and now 2 negs, im just so upset at the moment

6. Rebaby

Rebaby Mum to 2 boys

Oh i'm sorry hun :hugs: did you have a lot to drink prior to taking the tests? If it wasn't first morning urine then there's a chance that with it still being quite early on your urine could have just been too diluted to pick up the :bfp:?

I wouldn't want to give you false hope. There is a chance, if your spotting was when your period would have normally been due that this could have been a chemical pregnancy :cry: but i really hope that isn't the case for you.

I'd definitely recommend booking an appointment with your GP so you can get some answers. They may recommend you have blood taken to get a clearer idea what is going on.

:hug:

7. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Good thinking Rebaby

8. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

make sure the amount of hcg needed for a positive result is the same for all the tests you are taking. if they are different that might explain things. also try nnot to dilute your urine too much.
    hope everything is ok x

9. daisydoo

daisydoo Mummy to Oliver & Amelia

oh lisafred i'm thinking of you hope all is ok keeping everything crossed for you xxxxxx:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

10. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Aww hun, I'll be thinking about you. I think that rebaby is right, you should def go and speak to your GP and see what they can do for you. Are they aware of your history? IF the worst happens and this is a chemical then they should investigate things for you.

Sending many :hug: your way and hoping for good news.

11. third time

third time Well-Known Member

good luck, hun - i think rebaby is right xx