1st ultrasound...subchorionic hematoma

bellagirl85

Reaction score
Due to some bright red bleeding, I had bloodwork done last week. My hCG wasn't rising as high as they wanted to see (only doubling every 5.1 days) so I came in for an ultrasound a bit early to make sure everything checked out.

Turns out I'm measuring 6w3d (not 7w4d as I thought). I do ovulate a bit later, so they weren't that concerned about that part.

To our relief their was a heartbeat. It's lower than they wanted to see (115 bmp), but it was there. There was also a little arm in one of the pictures. A clear head and body. I cried.

They also found a 3.5 cm subchorionic hematoma. That seemed big to me, but she really brushed that off, as a "don't worry" type thing. Really no restrictions, which seems odd to me. After my bleeding, I did some research and was actually expecting for them to find one.

They want to see me back in a week for another US.

I'm holding on to the fact that I have a picture of my little one, and I heard the hearbeat. It was amazing to hear. I'm still feeling a bit uneasy, though... my first pregnancy was so simple compared to this one. We got pregnant on the first try, no complications, healthy baby boy.

Praying all is okay, clinging to that hope, but I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't.

I am glad your baby is okay!

You might want to check out the SCH support group on babycenter! It also has an interesting FAQ thread posted.
Most women there actually do restrict themselves to some degree. From experience most will say that it helped their hematoma heal. After a bleed most will go on 2 weeks of complete bedrest even.
Before I knew I had a hematoma I noticed that sex made me feel unwell. Often crampy or achy and just weird. I spotted tan a few times also.

After a red bleed my doctor only said no sex, and no heavy lifting or sports. I was also put in progesterone. My baby measured pretty far behind and caught up about two weeks after. But being up on my feet all day at work I found after long days my uterus hurt and I spotted. On the next US my hematoma was bigger and actively bleeding. I switched doctors put myself on partial bedrest and did not bleed again. My new doctor wrote me a sicknote for work. The hematoma was only 1.5cm during the last check up and not bleeding.

I haven't had any bleeding since and far less pains since resting more. I think it is best to be safe since a lasting hematoma can weaken the membranes and cause premature rupture or the placenta to detach. It is best if it resolves sooner than later.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will check out the group. I'm trying to take it easy, but it's hard because I have a job where I have to be on my feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->