1st visit today

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Had a first early visit today just to check everything. Took some blood work.

Only about 4 weeks 5 days. They did a sonogram and saw a thick uterus lining and a gestational sac. Guess those two confirm the pregnancy tests.

They want me to come back wed and Friday to do blood again to confirm numbers are doubling. Is this common? Or only because we went early when they normally start seeing people at 8 weeks

Hey Hun, I had my bloods done the other day too I was only 3weeks+6. My scan only showed I had thickened walls at that time. So repeated bloods with in 48hrs thy tripled! So have another scan on the 28th. To make sure all is going well. I think it's just to get a baseline Hun. Sure everything is fine 😃 x

so the , doing blood work every 48 hours is not an unusual thing for them to do at this point? just about 5 weeks

Yeah I had them done. I have done with every pregnancy. I have them done coz I bleed every pregnancy tho. Also coz I have had a lot of surgery before so I'm a high risk for ectopic. Not sure where you from so not sure. Hope everything is ok. Do you know your hcg levels x

hopefully by 3 oclock they said i can call for the blood work results. For just over 4 weeks what should i be looking at for hcg numbers.

Had a first early visit today just to check everything. Took some blood work.

Only about 4 weeks 5 days. They did a sonogram and saw a thick uterus lining and a gestational sac. Guess those two confirm the pregnancy tests.

They want me to come back wed and Friday to do blood again to confirm numbers are doubling. Is this common? Or only because we went early when they normally start seeing people at 8 weeks

Hi hun,

Iv just been for an early scan today and some bloods and saw pretty much the same...a gestational sac and a small fetal pole which was a teeny 1.8mm long!
Im around 4-5 weeks, probs closer to 4 weeks and iv been called back in 48hours for more bloods just to check that my levels are going up. I have another scan on the 5th may too which will hopefully confirm dates etc

As far as i know this is normal but i always found out pretty late on with my last pregnancies so i have no base for comparison.

My nurse seemed pretty confident though so i wasnt worried :)

Keep us updated and fingers crossed for levels increasing xx

They said by noon
Today should have the blood work results for Monday and wens. Nope those
Numbers doubled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member