2 1/2 stone weight gain already ... and 3 months to go

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by wilkie23, Jun 6, 2011.

1. wilkie23

wilkie23 Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I can't believe it, I actually weighed myself for the first time today at 27 weeks and i've put on 2 1/2 stone already....is this a lot do you think? I still have 13 weeks to go!!!!!

I was 8 stone before pregnancy and am now 10 1/2 ..... I don't think I was that at full term last time ...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: no more puddings for me.

Does anyone else know how much they've gained????

2. Charlie189

Charlie189 Mum to Amelia <3

I haven't weight myself since i was 16 weeks lol. I dare say id get a shock!! I can see the extra weight in myself. but can't bring myself to get on some scales.

3. peachypie

peachypie Mum to Sophie

I weighed myself this afternoon and I've put on almost 1 and a half stones. I was overweight already though at 11st (only 5'2) but this is still a lot for me. I'm now 12 st 4 and I read that we're likely to put on a pound a week from now on! No more indulging in chocolates and desserts for me. A treat shall be just that from now on. Lol.

4. wilkie23

wilkie23 Well-Known Member

ah we're due the same day and I've put on a stone more :cry: I've just been on the baby centre website and did the weight gain checker and basically as a guide I should be at this weight at 40 weeks ...whooops ...I think I overdid the chocolate cake in 2nd tri

5. Fascination

Fascination Her mummy <3

I could've totally written this thread ;p

I weighed 8 stone before I fell pregnant; now 10 1/2! It's utterly depressing but at least we've only got another 3 months to go! A lot of it will drop off after the baby is born (or so people keep saying!) since it's not all fat - some of it is water retention, extra blood, placenta, amniotic fluid, baby etc.

I feel your misery though, never been above 8 1/2 before. Ah well! It'll be worth it x

6. MoonMelody

MoonMelody Well-Known Member

I was 10.10 stone pre-pregnancy, and I'm only 5'3''. I haven't weighed myself (too much of a coward!), but it's shocking how big I've gotten all over. I'm guessing I've put on at least a stone and a half.

7. sinead266

sinead266 Mother of 5

lol i stopped weighing myself after i put on 2 stone, il hit the gym once the baby is born, usually more determined to lose the weight then and tone the stomach up, might aswell enjoy it now because you'll not be able to eat what you want afterwards

8. cool . sweets

cool . sweets Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

I`m 27 weeks & i`ve gained just about that much (had to use a calculator, lol)

9. Ceeks

Ceeks New Member

I just weighed myself and the result is shocking! I'm 5"6 and was 10st 10 pre-pregnancy and am now 13st 10 at only 27 weeks! Big bumps run in my family, but 3 stone is a bit much. I only eat when I'm hungry and it's mostly healthy snacks like cereal bars, fruit and yoghurt, with the occasional bit of chocolate or ice cream at the weekends.

Guess I'll just have to hit the gym very, very hard once the baby's born!!

10. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

i have put on 4 and a half stone :-/ dont know how much longer got left to go hopefully notlong im due tommorow

11. charliea85

charliea85 Mum to Riley

Im 23 weeks and have put on nearly 3 stone already. I feel so miserable about it.
    I was 11st 4lb pre pregnancy but I am 5ft 11" so thats classed as a healthy weight for my height. I now weigh 14st so thats a total of 2st 10lb. Thats loads isnt it?
    I have just been to Italy for a week and I must admit I didnt hold back on the lavish food but now im starting to feel guilty and fat :(

My thighs have got massive and I mean massive... I was a size 12 trousers before and now I struggle to fit into a 14. I hope this comes off after my little soldier is born.

12. georgina.miss

georgina.miss Well-Known Member

Yessssss i put on 2 1/2 stone byt that time and now at 34 weeks ive put on 3 stone without having any cravings or eating more!!! Some of us are just very unlucky :(:( Just think when bambino is here we can loose it all :) !!! xxx

13. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

I haven't weighed myself since my booking in appointment with the midwifes. I'm quite sensitive about that sort of thing so know if I do and see big weight gain staring back at me it's not going to be good and I'll start feeling guilty about everything I eat.

14. michelle1985

michelle1985 Well-Known Member

i lost 5 stone pre pregnancy and have put on 2 stone 3lb already :cry: