2 1/2 yr old with cerebral palsy

timbithorton

Twins!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just hoping to meet some other parents out there with a child with CP. My son has ******* quadriplegic CP.

Parenting special needs children is a unique challenge and I would love to have some more advice/support from you other parents out there. There are not many families like ours in our community and it's nice to talk to people who have this in common.

Hi hun,

Read your post and just wanted to say hope someone here is able to share with you, you right parenting a child with sn is challenging and rewarding. Good luck . x

Hi! I am not in exactly the same situation as yourself, but my LO is paraplegic. Parenting a child with special needs IS hard, it's very hard, and only someone who goes through similar things can understand it. It's also very rewarding I find - my love for my child will never be topped I don't think. I'm here if you need to talk! :)

Hi, I have a 6year old son with CP. He was diagnosed around 18months old, although we knew around 7-8months when he was not sitting up unaided.
Now at 6 he can talk fine (no need for speech & lang), he attends mainstream school and academically is coming on great. He wears AFO's, uses a wheelchair for long distances and uses a kaye walker for shorter distances. He also attends conductive education and hydrotherapy on a weekly basis!
I am pretty frequently on BnB but not always in the SN section so just send me a PM would be lovely to chat with a mum in a similar situation and any questions you have I will try my best to answer!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->