2.5yr age gap

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
Im currently 5wks pregnant with mysecond and my ds will be 2yrs 7ish months when this one comes. Anyone else got a similar age gap.

Slightly worried about how ds will be x

I do with my brother- lol. I am almost exactly 2.5yrs older. tbh- I don't remember much of my toddler years- who does? BUT- I always had a buddy when we would go on family trips- and although we kinda went our seperate ways after I graduated High School- we've gotten closer as aduts. We both have our own families now- my niece is only 7mos older than my LO... and it's so amazing watching our kids grow up close together :)

It might be an adjustment- but I think at any age (gap included) it would be. My oldest is 14yrs older and there were some things we had to talk through-- but how fun your kids get to grow up together closer in age :)

Yep! I'm also currently 5 weeks pregnant and DD will be 2 years 5 months when the new one arrives! What worries you? DD is currently very 'into' babies and pointing them out when we're out, so I think she'll be excited for a new brother or sister. :cloud9:

I think ds will be excited but im afriad he feels left out even tho I wont let that happen. I work part time so we spent a lot of time just the 2 of us and im afraid the bond we have changes x

Even if it's an adjustment and things "change" it's going to be for something even better hun- I can imagine any mom would feel this way a little with a new one on the way. I know I would if I got prego with my LO just about to be 2yrs. I adore her and love the bond we have- and with my oldest, because she's 16 it's a different type of bond. You'll love and appreciate and care for any child you have the same- you may not have exactly the same type of bond with them all- as kids can be different. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing at all- your oldest will adjust and you'll have this new family member for your LO to love and enjoy as they grow up together :)

My 2 boys are exactly 2.5 yrs apart. Not going to lie it was tough at first ds2 was such a terrible baby he didnt sleep or anything it was so tough so hopefully your one will lol ds1 was really good with his baby brother it took a little while to get settled in a way of actually having 2 to look after. Ie when i was feeding baby and ds1 wanted a drink or something. To he honist it goes by so quick you will be used to it in no time. I would just say have some flasks or juice made up and on stand by for your eldest and have everything to hand like toys and books for your lo too. Im sure your little boy will be fine. Just try spend some quality time with your son when lo is asleep its really not that bad though good luck xx

Barry was 2 years 6 months and 7 days old when Connor was born, so exactly 2.5y age gap!

Hes brilliant with Connor, adores his baby brother, and Connor completely fascinated with Barry. I love watching them interact, Barry especially enjoys Connor now that he knows how to make Connor laugh!

Im thrilled with our age gap!

As for how hard its been....a nightmare especially for the first 6 months Connor had colic and reflux, even now at almost 9 months he is a nightmare to get to sleep and wakes a lot. Barry was always a very easy going baby, so i have completely opposite children, night and day difference.

but the older Connor gets the *slightly* easier it gets!

Same gap and it went great, I've never had a jealousy issue.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant with #2 and Olivia will be 2 years and 8 months when LO arrives. :)

I have no idea how hard it will be. Olivia was an extremely high maintenance baby so I keep telling myself that at least #2 couldn't possibly be any worse :haha: and I already have a good idea what to do with a high maintenance baby so that at least that gives me a head start :)

Olivia loves babies at the minute so I really hope she will be good with her little sister/brother. I currently work full time and Olivia goes to nursery full time. When the baby comes I will take 9 months off and pull Olivia out of nursery so its going to be hellish difficult :haha:

I have a 3 years 1 month gap so a bit bigger but I really recommend a book called I'm a big brother by Joanna Cole and Rosalinda Kightley. They do have one for big sisters too for those with daughters. I got it for my son while I was pregnant and it is a really simple book for young toddlers and it helped him understand all the things a baby can not do. :thumbup: He even used what he learned to make up a baby song that he sings to his little brother which is so cute.

I think ds will be excited but im afriad he feels left out even tho I wont let that happen. I work part time so we spent a lot of time just the 2 of us and im afraid the bond we have changes x

That is the age gap between ds and dd. All I can advise is INCLUDE HIM!! Include him in the pregnancy. We told ds immediately that he was going to be a big brother and that we would have another baby. He is around babies at daycare so he knew what they were. I know it was a risk because what if I miscarried? But omg, he adores dd!! We had names picked out. When we found out what the baby was, we came home, showed him the pictures and I pointed to my stomach saying "This is Ginny". From then on, we would play a game. "James, were is Ginny?" It was always "She's in your (mommy's) shirt!!" He would rub and kiss Ginny.

The day after she was born, I thought "ok, time to trick him and explain that she's here now and not in my shirt". He came in the hospital room and the first thing I said to him "where is Ginny?" Tears came from my eyes when he ran to the bassinet and screamed "RIGHT HERE!!"

We also did things with just him in the early days. "Ginny" got him a football as a present when she came. When Ginny was 3 months old, we took our son (left dd with a sitter) to the state fair. At the end of the night, we got in the car and he looked over at the empty car seat base and said sadly "oh no! I lost my Ginny baby". I am more nervous about the 20 month age gap that I'm about to have in a few months. I have heard from others that that is a wonderful age gap as well but our experience with the 2.5 year was absolutely amazing!

2yrs 7mths between mygirls. Ella is only 4 weeks but so far, Paige has been amazing! She hasnt been at all jealous and adores her sister. She talks to her, cuddles her or ignores her. She loses interest quite quickly, but I dont blame her because newborns arent exactly exciting!

I went into the kitchen the other day leaving them both in he living room for a couple of minutes. I heard Ella cry then stop. When I went in, Paige had put a muslin under her chine and was feeding her a bottle LOL!

So far so good with the age gap and I can only see it getting better as dd2 gets older and more interactive.

I have a 23 month old DS and a 3 week old DD. So far we have a lot of jealousy issues. DS plays up a lot when DD is awake or feeding and demands my attention. He wants me to put her down and play with him. But when she's asleep in her moses basket he is back to his normal independent self. Its very early days yet and I can see he is slowly getting used to her. But he does show her affection sometimes and kisses her and plays with her feet and hands (sometimes a bit too rough for our liking!)
I know its going to be tough at times but I can't wait to watch their bond grow. Exciting times ahead!

I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant and my son is 2, so I'll have this gap as well. I'm super nervous because my son is not an easy toddler. He gets so angry quickly and throws things. Still doesn't sleep through the night. Has to have water only in his sippy cups. Is terrified of the potty. Is super clingy... I feel like I'm in for it!

we will have a 2yr 9mth gap :thumbup:
Im lucky to have a very easy toddler but we will see how that changes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->