2.7 cm cervix length

MandyV

Reaction score
Had to get my cervix checked via ultrasound and it's measuring 2.7 cm dr out me on pelvic rest for the weakened and had to be seen Monday, dr said they like the cervical lenth to be 3.0 - 3.5 cm, if my cervical length keeps shortening is that a sign of preterm labor ?

It could be, but I'd say a small chance if you take it easy. At 31 weeks my cervical length was 2.8cm and it's thankfully stayed that long for now. Cervical length can fluctuate as well as I've had problems with mine through out my pregnancy!

2.4 is what they consider still good but at this point it doesn't really matter -- baby can't fall out. It's very important in the second trimester but not anymore. I had my cervix measuring at 1.3 at some point in third trimester, ended up on bed rest just in case, when I was around 7 months. In the end the baby refused to come out when it was time to go for 36 hours! Please don't worry about it. There is a thread somewhere in complications about incompetent or short cervix, look it up, there is a lot of helpful info there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->