2 Chemical Pregnancies - 1 Year TTC - Need Encouragement

Ask4joy

Reaction score
Hi all: I am experiencing my 2nd chemical pregnancy / early loss since DH and I started TTC 1 year ago. This month I didn't test until AF was a few days late and was shocked to see a faint positive...and then ten more over the next 2-3 days. I had been spotting for several days before the BFP so I was nervous. When the lines weren't getting darker I got more worried. AF cramping started yesterday afternoon and by last night AF had started.

My first CP was last June after only 2-3 months TTC. I tested early and got a few days of positives before AF showed up about when I expected.

My doctor won't test my progesterone because she says the most recent research finds that progesterone supplementation does not decrease miscarriage rates.

We are supposed to start clomid + IUI this cycle. I tried 3 rounds of clomid alone this past fall but did not get pregnant.

Has anyone else had more than 1 CP and/or been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and have a success story to share? I could really use some right now!

Yes I had 3 chemicals during while ttc #1, and yes it really messes with your emotions its very hard so I feel for you. After 9 months of dealing with that, my ob finally diagnosed me with pcos and referred me to a fertility clinic. the morning before my first appointment there, i took a HPT and it was positive. The clinic still told me to come in, they put me on progesterone supplement right away, and I had a baby girl 9 months later! I think the progesterone was the kicker for me. Maybe its the same with you, I dont want to make any assumptions though. But you seem to be in the same position I was in...it wasn't necessarily an issue of "getting pregnant" but the "staying pregnant" part was the biggest obstacle. If your body is not providng the proper progesterone lining in your uterus for successful implantation, then chemical pregnancies may recur.

I would push for a referral if your doctor refuses to prescribe the supplement. It may make the difference for you.

I'm currently ttc #2 and made sure I had an early consult with my doctor about putting me on progesterone as soon as I get a bfp.

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your story, ttc! My OB wasn't keen on progesterone but I called my RE and he prescribed it for me over the phone. He told me to start it 3-4 days after O. I'm doing clomid and IUI this cycle as well...that was our plan all along and we were so happy that we got a BFP before starting IUI. I decided to stick with the plan and hopefully maximize my fertility potential right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->