2 in 1 question

maybebby

Reaction score
So had my pregnancy confirmed today by doc visit! Says I'm 4 weeks 3 days :) due April 22.

Now I guess tht since I was 17 an still at home an farrrrr from ready for a baby the 1st time I'm still kinda nervous to tell my family! I know thy will be happy I guess I just associate the news to disappointment! But now I'm w a man tht loves me an my DS an is more thn excited to add to our family! He works his butt off to provide an only ever expects supper lol.
I guess I wanna know does or has anyone else felt this way? And despite the fear wht are sum cute ideas for breaking the ice? I wanted to get a onesie or bib tht has gradma, gpa ect ... but I couldn't find anything!

The problem with gran gifts is shes already a gran. Hmmmm

First of all, congrats!!!

I definitely feel the same way you do! I was almost in the same position as you with my 1st 8 yrs ago. I even had an Aunt tell me after my DD was born "and we thought this was such a horrible thing 6 mos ago...."...which of course no one ever said to my face. (Although my dad didnt talk to me for 4 mos...) anyways! I am nervous about telling everyone even though I'm married to a great guy who couldnt be happier!
So if you think of, or get any, good ideas for announcing it, share the wealth!

So had my pregnancy confirmed today by doc visit! Says I'm 4 weeks 3 days :) due April 22.

Now I guess tht since I was 17 an still at home an farrrrr from ready for a baby the 1st time I'm still kinda nervous to tell my family! I know thy will be happy I guess I just associate the news to disappointment! But now I'm w a man tht loves me an my DS an is more thn excited to add to our family! He works his butt off to provide an only ever expects supper lol.
I guess I wanna know does or has anyone else felt this way? And despite the fear wht are sum cute ideas for breaking the ice? I wanted to get a onesie or bib tht has gradma, gpa ect ... but I couldn't find anything!

ahh congrats'
dont be nervous!! sounds like you've come along way since your 1st pg :))
when the time comes (around 12wks) we are buying our DD a T shirt saying 'Big Sister'..let her break the ice for us!!xxx

Monica, soooo glad to hear I'm not the only one! My family never said anything to me but i could sense the disappointment and shame :( but thy all grew to support me its just tht first lil bump to get over! No good ideas, just gonna tell them point blank lol with the help of my DS! Haha and good luck to u!

And happy happy, thank u! I thought of tht but went to 4 stores an couldn't find anything! Then thought about making one but then said "I wonder how many people won't get it! " lol

haha. someone on another post wrote on their baby's nappy 'I'm going to be a big brother'...that should be pretty obvious!!haha
can't recall your sons age but you could do that or just write that on a plain cheap t shirt!!xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"