2 in 1?

mom2one

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Still trying with no luck. Just had a question and was wondering if anyone had any insight.

I've always had irregular periods but in October, I started on the 5th. CD38/1. It lasted for 2 weeks and (TMI) but was verrry heavy with large clots. It finally stopped for ONE day then I started spotting then next day. It gradually got a little heavier everyday until it was like a light-medium AF for me. Sooo... was this 2 periods in one month? Was it simply spotting? Should I be starting my cycle all over with the mystery AF? I have a hard enough time trying to time things out as it is without this screwing with me! If I don't count it, I would be on CD43 and potentially late. Or if I do count it as AF then I guess I am only on CD28 and wouldn't be due for AF for another week or so... I want to take a test but I don't want to get my hopes up.. :dohh:

Please help!

Hi,

My AF starts of light and then is super heavy with clots. Although on the third/fourth day, AF completely stops and tricks me. After about 5-7 hours, it starts back up again full force and then tapers down on the 6th and 7th day. For me, this is not unusual. I think your body is just going through intervals while shedding the lining of your uterus. Although, two weeks seems excessive. Has the bleeding stopped? Maybe you had a miscarriage. Have you seen your doctor?

I went to the hospital after 10 consecutive days of heavy bleeding. The docs suck here so I told them I thought I was miscarrying to get in sooner (Sorry girls!) Anyhow, he said I was not pregnant. I asked him what my hcg levels were and he said he didn't know... I was a little miffed. But yes after it started the second time it only lasted a normal 7 days.

I had something similar for a while. AF for about 10 days, then a few days off, then about cd14 I got what seemed to be another AF, only for me, this one was heavier than normal AF. I went to see my gyno while it (the 2nd one) was happening, and he did an ultrasound.

The diagnosis was that because I have low progesterone, it can cause high levels of estrogen. This means that the wall of your uterus gets built up too much, and after ovulation the progesterone (which acts kind of like glue) is not enough to hold it together. If your hormones are wrong for some months, there is a knock on effect which is that your womb lining builds a lot in the second week of the cycle but almost immediately falls apart (mid-cycle bleeding). I had this for about 3 months and it got worse each month.

The treatment in my case was to go on the pill for 3 months - not great when you are ttc, but I did it. During the 2nd month on the pill my hormones regulated and my cycles were text-book. A month after I stopped, my cycles started to deteriorate again, but I didn't want to go back on the pill, so I tried some other methods for increasing progesterone.

I tried taking B6 and Bcomplex vitamins. They worked well, but I had to up the dose every month and got uncomfortable with the levels I was taking so I quit.
I tried soy isoflavones after someone on here suggested it, but that made things worse.
I focused on my diet - big improvements there, especially reducing alcohol and sweets/chocolate.

I got my cycles back to a stage where they were ok-ish but still far from perfect, so I am now taking progesterone supplements.

I don't know if your case is the same, but you might want to ask to get your progesterone levels checked out. If that's not an option, diet and vitamin changes could be worth a shot (unless it's just a one-off for this month, in which case don't worry!).

Good luck!

Well that reminds me. They gave me an ultrasound and the doc said I have a few small cysts and one larger one on my right side. Which may be why I keep having cramp like pains on my right side. Would these cysts have anything to do with it? My doc called me to tell me about the cysts and I forgot to ask her if I am even ovulating. My next appt is the 18th so I guess I have to wait until then to find out.

I don't know but I guess they could hurt :shrug: :hugs: BTW I was still ovulating at the normal time even with all that bleeding going on! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->