+2 Leukocytes?

I

imace

I had an appointment at the hospital today, and the urine test came back with +2 leukocytes, so is being sent off for analysis.

What does this mean, UTI? I don't have any symptoms like weeing more frequently or pain... so could it be something else?

And if it is a UTI, what do they do about it?

Yes, it is an indication for a UTI. Anyone with Leukocytes i.e. white blood cells, will have their urine sent for analysis. :) If you have it confirmed as a UTI then you would required Antibiotics. Usually Cefradine 500mg 4x a day, depending on where you are. Also, UTI is important to treat as it can cause kidney infection, irritable uterus and premature labour etc. :)

Yes, it is an indication for a UTI. Anyone with Leukocytes i.e. white blood cells, will have their urine sent for analysis. :) If you have it confirmed as a UTI then you would required Antibiotics. Usually Cefradine 500mg 4x a day, depending on where you are. Also, UTI is important to treat as it can cause kidney infection, irritable uterus and premature labour etc. :)

Is it normal to have a UTI and not have any signs?
Sounds like as long as it is treated with antibiotics, it's not that serious?

I had this, mw said it could be a UTI or just discharge in my sample. I've heard nothing so I'm to assume all is ok x

It is common for women to have a UTI and not be aware of the symptoms, usually because they are linking the dull ache in their back for example as just being pregnant. Or their frequent urination as a pregnancy symptom, although it is increased. So yeah, women may not be aware of the symptoms at all. It is something they is picked up at a routine appt as oppose to the woman calling in the symptoms. Very important to treat. I dip my own urine etc anyway. :)

Ive had a UTI and also twice now after that on seperate occasions had that +2 and protien in urine, theyve been sent away but ive never heard anything or been called (which they said they would if i had to have antibiotics) so you might be fine, If it is a uti its also fine just get the antibiotics and itll clear up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->