Reaction score

Today, I have been all of the following:

Excited
Happy
Anixous
shocked
Worried
and now feeling in the dumps

So heres my story: My afs have never been regular. I had to induce af this month by provera. I did soy for five days. Not sure if I oed. Also been taking vitex for 2 months. Im not sure if i oed from the soy. So last night I decided to do a pregnancy test. I took a shower got out and there was what appeared a very very I mean very extreamly faint line, but it was visible. So i thought this monring I would use my FMU and do a test. So i did that layed it on the counter for 5 mins came back..and there it was again. A very fanint line. I actually thought my eyes was playing tricks on me so I asked my friend to come here..ans sure enough she saw it too. I work at the hospital so it is really easy to have my blood drawn. & usually I wouldnt do tihs, but I have a horse show today and did not want to risk my chances if I was in fact pregnant so I decided to go let them draw my blood. My blood work showed negative. So how could this be? & how far along would I have to be for a blood test? Why did I get faint lines on both days? Im so disappointed as my DH and I have been TTC way over a year now with NO luck due to ovulation. So this month I really thought the soy worked. I have had symptoms and they where not in my head bc i did throw up and have been so sick at my stomach, certain smells make me deathly ill. Im just not sure what to do. I just no that the one shot that I actually thought I was pregnant, this day has become the worst day of my life. I guess i could have handled a BFN instead of getting positive pregnancy tests...and then finding out i wasnt pregnant =(

Did you actually get the bhcg count from ur blood test ? Seems very strange to me I would say you are pregnant a line is a line. Is there anyway they could have screwed up with the blood test? I would take with tests again in 48 hrs. I take it ur Af has not shown up either? Fingers crossed you are actually pregnant x

Hugs
I agree with oneday - often with the bloods they have a threshold of pg/notpg at hcg of ~20. Some pee tests will show earlier. I have had the same, early lines with negative bloods. but have had symptoms and have been pg. How many days post ovulation do you think you might be?

I would recommend you test again in 2 days or so, and perhaps see if they will give you the quantiative hcg result.

Fingers crossed for you

I'd stay positive! I went for a blood test the day I got my bfp, the dr was hesitant to even do it because he said that he didn't want me to freak out if it came back negative. Sometimes the pee sticks can be super sensitive, and it takes a few days for a blood test to register a positive.

I have had lots of lines, and have not been pregnant. Have you used these tests in the past??? If so, and you've NEVER seen a line before, then perhaps there may have been a partial implantation to bring your Hcg up to like 15 I think is when I showed a VERY faint line. But, then if it is a failed implantation, then it would drop fast. If your test (blood) was negative, your Hcg should be 5 or less. This would suggest that the test is faulty. Did your test have colour? If it was grey or colourless, then I would suspect evap...or whatever people want to call it (because it can still show up within the time frame. At any rate, it doesn't make it less dissapointed to think that you perhaps have a line, and then you are told that you are not pregnant. That is what I hate about pregnancy tests too. I have been felt the sting of false lines many months. :hug:

Thanks ladies!

Im still down in the dumps. I have so many problems with my health and so on and always thought i couldnt get pg then i get 2 tests that have lines, not dark lines but verrrry verrrry faint lines. I mean they where so faint that you had to old the test a certain way to even tell they where there. BUT THEY WHERE THER!!! I even let a friend of mine look at it
My blood test was neg. they did do the other test but when she told me that it was neg, the other test hadnt come back yet, and I asked the lady if ther would be anyway i could still be, and she told me most likly not. That it will always show up on the positive/negative blood test =( so Im guessin on to the next month that is if she ever comes =( Im on CD 32 well fixing to be CD33.

No af still hasnt came. Im not ever regular so i really cant tell when she is coming. But with the vitex I was hoping it would regulate me..but its not lookin that way.

Hi hun,
Sorry for your emotional roller coaster : (

blood test for serum HCG levels give you a figure rather than a positive or negative.
A figure less than 5 , as mentioned above, is not pregnant.
A blood test IS MORE SENSTIVE than POAS.
If you have repeat bloods in 48 hours, your HCG level will double or more if you are pregnant. Might be worth having it done again??

Good luck
Rachael
xxx

Thanks ladies!

Im still down in the dumps. I have so many problems with my health and so on and always thought i couldnt get pg then i get 2 tests that have lines, not dark lines but verrrry verrrry faint lines. I mean they where so faint that you had to old the test a certain way to even tell they where there. BUT THEY WHERE THER!!! I even let a friend of mine look at it
My blood test was neg. they did do the other test but when she told me that it was neg, the other test hadnt come back yet, and I asked the lady if ther would be anyway i could still be, and she told me most likly not. That it will always show up on the positive/negative blood test =( so Im guessin on to the next month that is if she ever comes =( Im on CD 32 well fixing to be CD33.

No af still hasnt came. Im not ever regular so i really cant tell when she is coming. But with the vitex I was hoping it would regulate me..but its not lookin that way.

I have a friend who's blood test didn't show positive until she was 9 weeks. her baby is now 2!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to get your hopes up too high but it's still possible. Just wait a few more days and do another one, i'd say if your test doesn't get darker then probably not :(
There's always next month!!

This happened to me before with a clearblue test (not the digi) when I came off the mini pill, turns out it was when I was ovulating.

Not sure of the test brand you've used.

:hugs:

:hugs: been there many times hun and it's truly awful. thinking of you xx

I would find what your beta is. Under 5 is not pregnant and 25 and over is classified as pregnant, so if it is between 5 and 25 you can get a line on hpt, but depending on what the doctor classifies as pregnancy you may be below that threshold. It is very rare to get a line on 2 tests and not be pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->