2 Lines on OPK after depo...advice?

candypanda

Reaction score
Hiyaa

This is my first cycle off depo, my case is a little unusual as the Drs are unsure as to whether I was ovulating on depo because I developed some follicle cysts or something while on the shot. I only had one shot.

So, this month we have started TTC, I bought some OPKs, and I'm waiting for my agnus castus to arrive in the post and thought I'd test yesterday at 4pm.

I got two lines on the test, I know that's a negative as it wasn't as dark as the control line but it was clearly visible. What I was wondering is, does that mean that I might ovulate soon? I know some people get 2 lines throughout the whole month but as someone who shouldn't be ovulating yet, would you expect to see two lines while contraception is effective?

Sorry if this is confusing :/ Going to retest today at 4pm to see if any difference :)

Thank you guys x

Hiya, It very common to see 2 lines on opks in my experience i always have 2 lines even if i test when im on my period. But what i would do is check how dark the line is thoughout the day...best time i found to test was between 2 and 10pm and if you see it getting darker you could be getting a "fade in " effect where the line gets darker, alerting you ovulation is soon. Its best to test at the same time each day and if you testing twice its better also as some times ive had positive in the morning and negative in the evening. So just to clarify its not so much that you have 2 lines, its the darkness of the lines..even when negative the lines do tend to get darker closer to ovulation. good luck keep testing!

Hiya, It very common to see 2 lines on opks in my experience i always have 2 lines even if i test when im on my period. But what i would do is check how dark the line is thoughout the day...best time i found to test was between 2 and 10pm and if you see it getting darker you could be getting a "fade in " effect where the line gets darker, alerting you ovulation is soon. Its best to test at the same time each day and if you testing twice its better also as some times ive had positive in the morning and negative in the evening. So just to clarify its not so much that you have 2 lines, its the darkness of the lines..even when negative the lines do tend to get darker closer to ovulation. good luck keep testing!

Thank you!
My agnus castus arrived today. woop!
x

Candypanda-
I had one shot of depo as well july 13-Oct 13. I didnt get shot due to wanting to ttc. Ive bee. Off depo 3months yesterday and still no sign of bleeding. What exactly is the Agnus suppose to do and is it safe? Thx.

Candypanda-
I had one shot of depo as well july 13-Oct 13. I didnt get shot due to wanting to ttc. Ive bee. Off depo 3months yesterday and still no sign of bleeding. What exactly is the Agnus suppose to do and is it safe? Thx.

Your period doesn't usually return 6-18 months after depo, sometimes it can come sooner or later for some people, I got my periods back 9 months after my shot and I still haven't conceived its now been 14 months since my shot, so even if you do get a period it can still take a while to conceive however there are people who get pregnant without the return of their periods at all. So it just depends on the person and how their body reacts to the shot.

What I'm trying to say is that it hasn't been long for you at all, try relax and let your body naturally get rid the depo, I didn't take anything although I was very desperate but I just thought I don't want to add anything more to my body and just allow my periods to naturally return.

I think they say you should see a dr when its been 18 months without a period, I know its tough being patient, Depo is awful and I never expected one shot could have such a lasting effect.

Here you can read about Agnus castus https://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-agnus-castus.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"