2 Losses since April 2013

ItsAWonder

Reaction score
In early April I got my first BFP. Three days later I lost the pregnancy, I was about 4 weeks. I ovulated quickly after that got pregnant within 10 days of my chemical. Last week I went for a scan and at what should have been 7+4 there was a large sac and yolk but no development. My HCG was good - 56,850 and my progesterone was also great. I tested 48 hours later and my HCG was declining. I took Misoprostol over the weekend as I was not miscarrying on my own.

Doctors don't want to run blood tests until 3 miscarriages which I think is ridiculous. I am able and willing to pay for the tests out of pocket if I need to. I just don't think it's worth having a 3rd miscarriage if there is any chance it can be avoided.

I want to try again as soon as I get my next AF but I am really concerned this will happen again. I just want to know why I can't seem to carry a healthy pregnancy.

The hugest of :hugs: I am so sorry for your loses. The reason why they don't like to is statistics, basically as some one who has had two miscarriages your chances of a successful pregnancy are the same as someone who has had none. Having said this, I know that when you are on the end of those statistics it doesn't particularly help to have them tell you this, you just want answers.

Also worth mentioning (as I don't know your age) that some doctors will test after two miscarriages, if you are over thirty-five x

I am 36 and thinking I am just going to demand it. Only about 5% of women have two back-to-back miscarriages, about 2% have three. I actually had a terrible experience with my doctor so I am doing a follow-up with someone new next week. I am hoping for more support. (when I was spotting my doctor didn't even call me back for 10 hours. Each day I had to wait at least 7-10 hours for any contact from her. She never asked how much I was bleeding, if I was okay - nothing.)

Yeah deffo push for it then. There is a recurrent miscarriage thread, that is full of support, love and advice, if you want to join us.

Plus there is usually someone in the same country as you, that can give you advice on the norms of what is tested and when etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->