2 n alf months old still on 4 oz?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by emmalouise09, Mar 31, 2011.

1. emmalouise09

emmalouise09 Guest

My dd is 2 n half months old and is still on 4oz and she has this every 4 hours and wakes up once in the night for a bottle and sleeps the rest of the night.
    is it normal for her to be on just the 4oz at this age? as it says on the cow and gate tub that she should be on 5 or 6oz

xx

2. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

Is she gaining weight at a good rate? If she seems happy enough then don't worry too much but if she seems to still be a bit hungry then try making a 5oz bottle and see how she gets on, there isn't any harm if she leaves the extra.

The amounts on the tin are just guidelines hun so don't take them as gospel xxx

3. Jibber Jabber

Jibber Jabber Maxy Moo's Mummy

Max is the same, very occassionally he will take 6ozs but most of the time its only around 4/5. He's 13lb 8ozs and following the 50th percentile perfectly, he's never been a hungry baby. :)

4. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

my LO was slow starting then has suddenly added an oz a week for the last 3 weeks

5. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Harrison was only having between 1-2 oz of milk every 3hours at that age. If LO is still gaining weight its fine!

6. MrsRabbit

MrsRabbit Guest

DD didn't go above 4oz at a bottle until 15 months. All babies are different - those chart are just the average - some babies are under and some are over.

DD is 18 months and only now takes 5-6 6oz bottles a day on top of her 2 solid meals.

7. xnewxmummyx

xnewxmummyx Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle

Isobelle is just over 6wks old and takes between 3-5oz per feed but Im not worried cos Tuesday she weighed 12lb 5oz!!

X

8. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Avery is now 3 months and only takes between 4-5 ounces each feeding. She takes 6 bottles a day, one of them being during the night.

9. aries5486

aries5486 Mummy 2 Jenna & Blue Bump

our dd didnt take 4oz until she was around 3-4 months old at 12 months she only started to take 6oz bottles as long as she is gaining weight she will be fine :) xxx

10. going_crazy

going_crazy Still learning.....!

My DD is still on 4-6oz 4 times a day!

So long as your LO is gaining weight and is having plenty of wet nappies, I wouldn't be concerned as the tins/packets are just guidelines. If you are still worried, take LO to get weighed and ask you HV for some advice xxxx

11. starrybean

starrybean Proud Mom of One

Yep, just to second what others have said, my lo is nearly 16 weeks and is still on 3-4oz! The hv & doctor have always said its fine as my lo is gaining weight :thumbup:

So long as your baby is happy and gaining weight then don't worry! :D