2 opk's - one positive, one negative?

JerseyRose

TTC#2
Reaction score
This is my first month using clear blue digital opk's. I've used Internet cheapie opk's before but never really had much luck. I have irregular cycles and especially last month which was my first month after a mc. I've been using my digital opk this month and I just got my smiley face! I used my cheapie opk just to see and it was absolutely negative. Today is CD15. I usually O between CD17-CD23, last month I O'd on CD27, so I thoight this month would be late too.

I have absolutely no cm today, so I wasn't expecting a positive opk whatsoever.

Not sure what to think? Will bd tonight just in case, but don't want to waste my hubby's ammo lol.

Are you using the pink or the purple clearblue? I use purple and get flashing smileys before a positive opk because it picks up a different hormone x

Pretty sure it's just the pink one? Yesterday there was no smiley, today the smiley was there but not blinking at all.

Did you take both tests at the same time, or did you wait 4 hours in between? I've noticed that if you use the digital OPK's first thing in the morning (even though the directions say this is fine), you can still get a false positive. Or if you didn't wait 4 hours in between there may not have been enough of an LH concentration built up for it to show up on the cheapie test.

I think you're right ohsoblue, I took the digi at night when I got home from work and I took the cheapie about half an hour later. I think perhaps there wasn't enough LH when I used the cheapie.

I had a massive temp spike this morning, can you take a look at my chart? Maybe I caught the end of my surge?

Given where you are in your cycle and the temp spike plus the positive opk, I would guess you probably did catch the end of your surge. But if you're unsure, you could always keep testing for another week or so and see if you get another smiley face.

Might as well BD tonight just in case :winkwink:

Oh smiley faces has never made me so happy lol! Just got another positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"