2+ Positive Pregnancy Tests/ Unfavourable Reaction from Family Member

babydust92

Reaction score
On the 16th of October I found out I was pregnant by receiving 2 beautiful pink lines on two different tests. The lines are faint as I was probably only 8DPO at the time but as I've always been told by the online community/YouTube community "a second line is a positive". At first I considered that it might have been an EVAP line but after doing some researching I found that EVAP lines can only form after the time limit and my beautiful second pink line formed within the time limit on more than one occasion.

Yesterday, I was on a high as I've wanted to be pregnant for a while but I'm not desperate to get pregnant (get to mentioning that later on) and I was over the moon, couldn't believe my eyes and I think I looked at the tests at least 20 times yesterday.

Anyway, I had send the pictures of my positive pregnancy tests to my Cousin who said that I can always talk to her about baby stuff etc. and I was happy to share the news. The day after she's messaging me as we plan to meet up later on today for a concert and I had mentioned what had happened since...
1. Heartburn
2. Boobs extremely sore when I take my bra off
3. Nausea
4. I threw up twice... I know 9DPO is too early but maybe I threw up because I have a bad gag reflex and it couldn't handle the nausea.

She messages me this:
"Don't run before you can walk, as the mind can be stronger than the body. I think it's wonderful if you are pregnant but you going to be so disappointed if you're not xxx" I'm sure she had good intentions with her text message but I feel like she always thinks I'm experiencing a phantom pregnancy. Last month I was experiencing PMS symptoms which could have been pregnancy symptoms and I said I had my hopes up and straight away she shot me down with this "Don't run before you can walk" Bullshit. I understand it as I wasn't sure but I literally showed her 2 pregnancy tests showing two wonderful pink lines and I'm still hearing this crap from her.

So, because I'm a very anxious person I've been doubting my obvious symptoms and the positive pregnancy tests and a part of me feels like I'm not pregnant and maybe shes right and it's driving me insane and I had a bit of a breakdown before where I ended up crying over this text message.

I went to the doctors today where he took a urine sample to do a pregnancy test and it did come back negative but baring in mind the doctor did say that the tests they use aren't as sensitive of picking up the hcg especially this early compared to chemist bought pregnancy tests. He says that with my current symptoms I shouldn't have any problems getting a positive next week when I send in my new urine sample.

I'm seeing my cousin tonight and I'm dreading it because I feel like she's going to be very condescending when I mention my hospital visit.

Has anybody been through anything like this with their family members or friends?

I am sorry you are experiencing this. Too bad it is probably to early for a Digital pregnancy test that would say "Pregnant" that you could show her. That or a blood test to see what your HCG level is at. You shouldn't have to prove your pregnancy to her anyways. I hope you get some answers soon! Good luck with her tonight. Congrats on the pregnancy :)

I wouldn't confide in your cousin anymore about your pregnancy, at least not until 12 weeks.

This is why my sister is the only person I would tell.

My tests didn't come up + at the drs until I was 3 weeks late. They really aren't as sensitive as some over the counter ones.

Good luck OP.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I don't think I'd share with this person anymore since she is such a downer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->