2 weeks after giving birth, what are the chances of becoming pregnant?

J

Jem88

So lastnight my mam had our daughter overnight and me and my OH DTD for the first time since before i gave birth, and we stupidly didn't use anything as i'm still bleeding but it's only a tiny bit so i kind of thought we'd be okay, but now thinking about it i'm not 100% sure, we defo will be using somthing from now on but what are the chances of me becoming pregnant again so soon afterwards? :dohh:

i dont think u can preg in the first 21days after giving birth. i read that in my leaflet 'contraception' from the hospital.

we had unprotected :dohh: sex lst night 5 weeks after giving birth. although he didnt 'come' in me :blush:

what ever will be will be.:wacko:

xx

I *think* your body offers it's own protection for 3 weeks after giving birth...however after this period of time passes you are super super fertile :haha:

i dont think you can get preg that soon after ward..

Yep, impossible to get pregnant in the first 4 weeks after birth :)

I wouldnt be soooo sure!

A friend of my had her son and got pregnant two weeks after .....with twins! she didnt carry them full term so there's only 8 months between them and her eldest!!

sorry to scare you ladies ...but be careful!

I wouldnt be soooo sure!

A friend of my had her son and got pregnant two weeks after .....with twins! she didnt carry them full term so there's only 8 months between them and her eldest!!

sorry to scare you ladies ...but be careful!

:saywhat:

OMG, this is scary...I was discussing with my DH about having another baby in the future and we were trying to imagine life with one running, playing, screaming, trying to put everithing in her mouth, and another crying for any reason from hunger to colics...any time day or night...this is scary as we don't have ANY family/friends to help us.

There's 16months between mine and I find it hard enough!

TBH I think 'what will be - will be' there's no set rules for life! (or ttc or preventing) :winkwink: ....it would be boring if there was!:thumbup:

You can most certainly get pregnant 2 weeks after giving birth. My little boy is almost 5 months old and I am 4 1/2 months pregnant. I got pregnant exactly 2 weeks after giving birth!

Oh NO! I am 15 days since giving birth and had sex today for the first time too!!! I had NO idea I could potentially get pregnant......

It's not impossible depends on your body cus u do ovulate 3 weeks after giving birth so its a possibility

Just checked with my mate whos a midwife it is definitely possible

I swear I read that your body is most fertile right after birth. :wacko:

Oh crap! not what I wanted to read after last night! Will be having words with Mr oh lol!! I was thinking you would need to of 100% stopped bleeding and be like 3-4weeks ahh!

Didn't they speak to u ladies about the chances of getting preg after birth is highly likely if no contraception is used? They spoke to me about this before i was discharged from hospital.

Didn't they speak to u ladies about the chances of getting preg after birth is highly likely if no contraception is used? They spoke to me about this before i was discharged from hospital.

I had a homebirth so was not discharged lol All they mentioned before they left really was to do my pelvic floor and make sure I go to the toilet often

Oh lol sorry. They should of still told u though x

i was told not to have sex until after my 6 week checkup so they talk about controception then x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->