2 weeks left and feeling very scared is this normal?

kaye22

Mam to little boy
Reaction score
Im due in 2 weeks and have started to feel very scared for some strange reason, i dont know why i never felt like this with my first child. I keep worrying something will go wrong or is going to go wrong if i dont feel the baby moving i panic until she does again. i really dont know why im feeling like this on the down side i dont see my midwife again now until the day before im due :wacko:

did you know that if you want to see yr midwife sooner you can the times they see you are just guidelines, thats what my mw told me last week when I saw her, so if your having concerns then make an appointment to go and have a chat, plus she will check bubs hb etc and thats always nice:)
Big hug coming yr way, think its just the fact that having been through labour once before you tend to get more nervous as to worrying about things going wrong we as in all pregnany women live with this fear all the time xx

I'm scared too - it's like the closer you get, the more desperate you get to have LO safely in your arms. I don't have any advice sadly - just to say you are not alone :hugs: If you want to see your MW sooner, can you not get an appt - wouldn't hurt them to reassure you.

I'm on my 2nd and I think most of the pregnancy I have not worried overly as much as I did with my first. The last few weeks I have started to get anxiety about something going wrong during the birth but I think its normal.

I'm actually starting to wonder if there is a surge of hormones the last weeks that is more than what we experience the rest of pregnancy. I have just been ridiculously emotional about everything, I'm extra sad, extra angry, extra anxious and extra stressed. I think towards the end everything weighs down on us and it is normal to worry more at the end. Everything will be fine I'm sure, Good Luck!!:flower::hugs:

Thank you for your comments god knows why im like this like i say i was fine last time but this time i just cant wait to have LO safe in my arms and it seems like ages away which i know it isnt it just feels like that. i might try and get an appointment with mw next week aswel just so its not 2weeks nearly before i see her. I think its partly all the horror stories you hear when your near the end and things can still go wrong even when you have come this far :( its just me probably full of weird emotions and hormones. x

Thank god I am not the only one... this is my second and I did not think that I could get any more paranoid then I was with baby # 1... well I did...I am 38 +3 and every little twinge or cramp I am constantly going "is this it..?" it’s frustrating and I keep telling myself that I am just going to relax and let it happen but then another BH happens and I freak out again. lol

Your completely normal to feel like this whether its your 1st or your 4th!

I've got about 6 weeks left and im terrified! Its getting closer everyday and times going so fast im panicking lol!

I know I should take my own advice lol but I would just try to think positively and im sure everything will be fine. We all worry about things like this from time to time :)

I'm scared too - it's like the closer you get, the more desperate you get to have LO safely in your arms. I don't have any advice sadly - just to say you are not alone :hugs: If you want to see your MW sooner, can you not get an appt - wouldn't hurt them to reassure you.

so so true. You're certainly not alone in your fears. :hugs:

im on my forth and well scared about labour going badly wrong even tho ive had nice easy labours in the past. until this baby is in my arms and everythings ok im not going to stop worrying. as for my mw ive not seen her since before xmas ive had tempory ones i seen one friday for a sweep then went into hospital monday thinkin my waters went lol worrying again and they booked me in for saturday to be induced so im not even going to ring my mw again shes crap and impossible to get an appointment with last time i seen her she said ohh il have to see u on my tea break as im so busy i felt like saying sorry about the fact u might be a cuppa tea down lol. your not alone hun xxx

I had those same fears with my second. I don't have them yet with this one. More a fear that timing is going to suck. I have this fear that I am going to go into labor when my DH is working an overtime night shift and not be able to come home to get me. I have had dreams about me giving birth in the hallway at the hospital all by myself as we got lost and couldn't find the L&D unit and DH went off to find it. I also have had dreams about the hospital experience being the worst ever with no privacy at all. I know they are all irrational fears. My other two came just fine, and I found the L&D units at the other hospitals just fine. So I know I will be fine. The timing thing is more of an inconvenience. I have a friend that would be willing to drive me to the hospital and my DH could meet me there if need be. So my fear there is also irrational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->