20 Days Late and Negative Tests

tjhp

Reaction score
Has anyone here been pregnant but not shown positive on a HPT?
I have heard of it happening, but I am wondering how rare it is.
My cycle is 30 days...and I am on day 50. So I am 20 days late! But have only gotten negative tests. I have taken way too many tests (-- Like I am embarrassed to admit how many -- but they are all negative.)

Has anyone experienced this? What was your outcome? Pregnant or not? I would love to hear your stories - the good and the bad. Waiting is hard.

This morning I took two tests - picture attached. Does anyone see that very faint line? Too faint? (Bottom is oddly more prominent than the top) I might just be going crazy at this point lol.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 13
By 20 days late you would likely have a more prominent line. I can see something catching my eye, but I can't really tell due to the lighting. It is possible that you had an anovulatory cycle, and that may be why its so long this time? Your body could have also geared up to O at a regular time, but then didn't for whichever reason and it ended up happening much later in your cycle. Do you typically have very regular cycles?

Yeah, it's been regular since I had my daughter two years ago... 30-31 days.
We have been "trying" for three months so it just seems strange that it is late for the first time now, but realistically I understand that these things happen and I just have to wait it out. I guess we should just keep "trying" since I have no idea when I am ovulating at this point - right?

I am ready for answers though. Waiting for my period is almost as frustrating as waiting for a positive! {lol}

You could always go to a doctor and ask for a beta test since you are so late and that is unusual for you? I like having answers too, so that is always an option. Hoping for the best for you! x

thanks mnelson815 - that's probably my next step

At 20 days late with negative tests I have to be completely honest that it's unlikely your pregnant. I know you read stories of ladies getting negative tests and needing bloods to confirm but it's really really rare. Most likely just didn't ovulate when you should have or didn't ovulate at all so it thrown off your normal cycle, even the most regular ladies have a off cycle. But without temping or at least opks it will be impossible to know what's happening. If you o'd really late and have still been bd'ing then you still might have caught that egg. Personally If it were me I'd wait it out till next af was due then go and see a doctor and ask for bloods. Even if your not pregnant he can run some tests to see what's going on. Good luck and really hope you get that bfp soon!

Thanks, Maryanne1987 - I did do OPKs last month and I ovulated on day 12... however I stopped testing for ovulation a day or two before my AF was due, so I am not sure where I stand now... since I am at day 50.
I did get some blood drawn at the doctor today so at least I can get a definitive answer.
Thanks for your input! xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->