20 hrs and no cigarette

nada87

Reaction score
as you can see from the title it's been almost a full 24 hrs and i havent had one. i don't even feel like i need one. i think i kicked the habit for now (knock on wood) i'm really bad at staying quit after the baby is born though.
really i just felt like telling some one. i can't tell my best friend cuz she doesn't know i'm pg yet and she would ask why i quit.

I quit and had to tell my smoking partner at work why...but she's like my best friend anyway so it was ok :) it's been 3 weeks for me now, and i still crave sometimes but i know that I would definitely not touch one whilst pregant....and hopefuly after the birth :) I think it's just the feeling that you are so much healthier without them and that you want to do the right thing foryour unborn child that helps me through.
Well done to you!! xxx

Well done to both you ladies who have quit -I stopped in September when we started ttc and thankfully I fell preggers quickly or I may have given in again.

I hae 3 kids already and stopped every time before I fell pregnant, stayed stopped whilst pregnant and throughout breastfeeding ( 9 months bf-ing my youngest) and then after all that time started again. TOTAL madness I know!! But you are right, it's harder staying stopped. I am so determined that no matte rwhat I WILL NOT start smoking again this time.Such a waste of money, on top of the health issues

xx

Honey that is fabulous news, congratulations :happydance::happydance:

I quit 3yrs ago and am so thankful I did. One of my fears is dying young from lung cancer and leaving my kids behind. having them watch me suffer and push me around in a wheel chair with oxygen tanks strapped to the back just scares the life out of me. My best friends mum died of lung cancer and she was only 60 a work mate of hubby's was only 45:cry:

I just want to be around for my kids and grandkids, so congratulations and I hope your strong enough to stay quit honey, for you and your children :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeay well done you!!! Keep at it! I have and have gone from approx 15 a day habit to zero! It's been 5 weeks now! Xxx

:thumbup:Its so hard but worth it! I haven't had one in a week and 1 day! Now when I smell smoke on people it makes my stomach turn lol. Keep up the good work!!

Good job! It isn't easy to quit...you are doing the right thing! :) xoxo

Congrats hun! It'll be a week tomorrow since I had my last cigarette and so far so good. After I got my bfp I cut down to 3 a day and then down to 1 and finally to none and it's been such a relief. It's still hard somedays, but well worth it. Good luck!

To Nada and all you ladies trying to kick the habit I think it is bloody amazing, I have seen my parents try to quit and I know how hard it is!.

Sounds like Cigarettes are getting a major kick up the Arse hehe.

I feel your pain girl! I had to taper mine off when I got my BFP. It's still hard sometimes, but I know it's what's best for me and the baby. I didn't wish, hope, and try soooo hard just to ruin our health by giving in to temptation.

It's not easy though! Congrats on making the right choice. :thumbup:

oooh thats brilliant.Iv cut mine down loads.Im hoping to get patches and see if they work.It is soooooo hard to quit.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->