20 pds at 23 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Plunky, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Plunky

Plunky Well-Known Member

rofl..never ever ever have i ever gained so much in all my 4 pgcies. oh my gosh this is scary!!! especially after going on 'body for life' and exercising eating healthy. ggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
    i've gained 20 pds total in a pgcy. TOTAL. this is just rediculous. I find it slightly amusing and slightly disgusting with a chance of scary.
    thanks for letting me vent!! On the plus side OH said Saber was perfect for a boy. so now he is Saber!! :happydance:

2. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDee I know it all.. ask me!

I feel your pain. I gained 10 pounds just this last month and I have gained between 25 to 30 pounds. I'm pretty appalled... I just keep telling myself that I know many MANY people that have gained WAYYYY more than me ... and obviously you have.

I know someone who gained 80 pounds.. in a month! One gained 80 during the whole pregnancy and another gained 60 total. We could be worse.

3. Plunky

Plunky Well-Known Member

oh my word..80 pds in a month can you imagine?? thank you for the encouragement i needed to hear it..and badly! :hugs:

4. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDee I know it all.. ask me!

I was embarrassed when I gained 10 this month. I couldn't even begin to imagine the conversation that would transpire because of a 80 pound weight gain in a month.

5. ready2bamum

ready2bamum Well-Known Member

I weighed yesterday and i have gained 30lbs since pregnant..i am 23 weeks....god help me. Started at 10-5 and now 12-8. Hoping to get on the healthy eating now.xx

6. Clo

Clo mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys

I've gained about the same as u ready2bamum and we are the same weight. I asked my consultant about the weight gain and he just laughed and said 'well you are pregnant, what do you expect'. So it made me feel a bit better that he didn't seem to be worried. xxx

7. JJay

JJay Pregnant with number 3

I am a similar weight too and have gained 30lb!!!! 9 in the first tri and then 1lb per week until 18 weeks when all of a sudden I gained loads between 18-23 weeks. I've gained nothing for the last 2 and a half weeks though so I hope it's slowing down!

8. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

i am gaining ALOT!
    i havent weighed myself for about a month as i darent!! lol! everytime i did i had put loads on! i weighed 8st 4 when i was first preg then went up to 10st over in no time! i was like oh my days whaaaaat!

since that day i dont go on th scales, havent got any in my house so the temptation to go them isnt there!!

i just think oh well will just exercise alot after she is born! she will be sat in her bouncer and i will be going crazy on th cross trainer (going to buy one so i can jus go on it loads at home)

9. Plunky

Plunky Well-Known Member

SAME weight as you guys... thanks i needed to hear i'm not the only one!! :flower: