20 week scan..is there another??

S

sahmkjsky

Hi Girls

I have my 20 week scan next thursday but hubby said we have another 2 before the baby comes (I joked "What do you know"?)
I thought that was the last scan before the baby comes or am I wrong??

you norammly only have 12 week one and 20 week one then thats it x

sometimes u get extra ones at 30plus wk to see what way baby lyin etc, or if ur on any medication that cud affect babies growth u wud get another couple of scans,but usually its just the two x

If the 20 weeks scan showed an issue that needed monitoring, like a low-lying placenta, for example, you would get further scans, but if all is well at 20 weeks that's it, so far as the NHS goes. Go private and you can have more, if you wish. I'm thinking about getting a 3D/4D scan in 6 weeks or so, just because it feels so long till August.

Nope its just the 2 unless theres a medical reason, a lot people have 3d scans maybe thats what your OH is thinking of! tel him if hes willin to pay you wil have as many as you want!

For me it is only two scans at 12 and 20 weeks! But I am planning on paying for a 2D/4D scan privately later on as well. I also paid for an early ultrasound back at around 9 weeks. I can't get enough of seeing this little girl/guy!

I thought it was more too.. but after reading this I guess not, I guess that was just wishful thinking. We are going to pay to have the private ultrasound and DVD made,,i guess that is the last time I'll see my lil monkey before he/she comes out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"