20 week scan..is there another??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sahmkjsky, Apr 6, 2009.

1. sahmkjsky

sahmkjsky Guest

Hi Girls

I have my 20 week scan next thursday but hubby said we have another 2 before the baby comes (I joked "What do you know"?)
    I thought that was the last scan before the baby comes or am I wrong??

2. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

you norammly only have 12 week one and 20 week one then thats it x

3. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

sometimes u get extra ones at 30plus wk to see what way baby lyin etc, or if ur on any medication that cud affect babies growth u wud get another couple of scans,but usually its just the two x

4. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

If the 20 weeks scan showed an issue that needed monitoring, like a low-lying placenta, for example, you would get further scans, but if all is well at 20 weeks that's it, so far as the NHS goes. Go private and you can have more, if you wish. I'm thinking about getting a 3D/4D scan in 6 weeks or so, just because it feels so long till August.

5. star-dust

star-dust Guest

Nope its just the 2 unless theres a medical reason, a lot people have 3d scans maybe thats what your OH is thinking of! tel him if hes willin to pay you wil have as many as you want!

6. cleckner04

cleckner04 ✭Emma & Rylan's Mama✭

For me it is only two scans at 12 and 20 weeks! But I am planning on paying for a 2D/4D scan privately later on as well. I also paid for an early ultrasound back at around 9 weeks. I can't get enough of seeing this little girl/guy!

7. lissagayle

lissagayle Well-Known Member

I thought it was more too.. but after reading this I guess not, I guess that was just wishful thinking. We are going to pay to have the private ultrasound and DVD made,,i guess that is the last time I'll see my lil monkey before he/she comes out!!!