20 week scan questions?

xloulabellex

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I'm so scared about things to go wrong.. paranoia is setting in now scan is only 2 days away.

What do they check for? / purpose of the 20 week scan?

I also commented on a post the other day saying my OH shines a torch on my belly so baby squirms (although I can't feel it, but we read it does that) and then he talks to my belly...

I've now banned him. I'm scared the baby will look into the torch and go blind. I know it's got my whole belly between the light and bubba but aren't the babies eyes gonna be really sensitive?

Jeezzzz I need to take a chill pill....

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

when i had mine was told its a more detailed scan and they measured everything then said theyd have a look to see if could see sex but only 90% certain , hope everything goes well xx

the purpose of the 20week scan is to check the size of the baby and check for any abnormalities. It takes about 30mins.

just try and relax and enjoy it. im sure you will have a wonderful time. I was very worried before my 20week scan and everything was fine - it was the best experience of my pregnancy so far! xxxx

I feel the same way, I haven't really felt any movement yet, my scan is on Monday and Im terrified that something will be wrong, think its just natural to worry though. Im still getting nausea and bouts of sickness so im taking that as a good sign!

I feel the same way, I haven't really felt any movement yet, my scan is on Monday and Im terrified that something will be wrong, think its just natural to worry though. Im still getting nausea and bouts of sickness so im taking that as a good sign!

Good luck with yours on Monday :) yeh I don't feel much movement either .. think that's the issue too, although I saw him at the gender scan two weeks ago lol xx

I have mine today. My practice does it at 18 weeks. I've heard they check every part of baby to make sure it's all there. Very excited for this one!! :)

i don;t think babies eyes are even open yet! they can just see the light through eyelids and your skin.
the 20 week scan is to check the size of your baby and to make sure everything is going ok in there. they check al the organs and the length of the spine and brain and everything like that.
like someones said before just relax and enjoy seeing your LO again!

i don;t think babies eyes are even open yet! they can just see the light through eyelids and your skin.
the 20 week scan is to check the size of your baby and to make sure everything is going ok in there. they check al the organs and the length of the spine and brain and everything like that.
like someones said before just relax and enjoy seeing your LO again!

Okay, thanks :) xx

I have mine today. My practice does it at 18 weeks. I've heard they check every part of baby to make sure it's all there. Very excited for this one!! :)

Awww enjoy :) xx

They check the heart, that all the chambers are there and that the beat is regular etc, the lungs, the brain, the bladder, the face, the limbs, everything really! xx

According to one of my books the eyelids stay shut until the 26th week so I don't think you are at any risk of blinding the baby! It may be possible that a little bit of light gets through your belly, but I think it is still very dark in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->