20 week scan

HotChocolate

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
I went for my 20 week scan today, i can't tell you what the sex is because my best friend is pregnant and comes on here & i swore i wouldn't tell her until she knew the sex of hers! But anyway.. It was really sore when the nurse was pressing on my tummy during the ultrasound.. It felt really tender and i kept on flinching :( the nurse was a complete bitch from the minute i walked in and she said "well it's not normal for it to hurt, no other woman has ever complained.. Tell your midwife".. So now i'm a bit concerned? Also, my kidney's a slightly swolen but she said that's quite common in pregnancy.. Has anybody else experienced this before?

xxx

when i had my 20 week scan with my son i hurt me too when the sonographer pressed down i was horrible nd rly painful x

Mine was painful... I think its common but just most women don't complain... Especially us younger girls because we always tend to be judged. I know all my friends that have had babies said the ultrasounds hurt. As well as the movements and stuff just people don't tend to talk about it.

I Thought It Always Hurt Too They Press Quite Hard... Stupid People!! Haha

TBH I did feel like it was painful too. My one at 11 weeks (IPS), 19 weeks (anatomy) and 25 weeks (4D) all hurt, the only one that wasn't painful was at 38 weeks when I was in labour. Until you get farther along they kinda have to push around to get to your uterus iykwim. It is painful, maybe no other woman has complained, but it does hurt!

Lol thank you. I think i'm just that girl who doesn't understand the concept of keeping her mouth shut during an ultrasound lol! I don't care though, it hurt me, and i wanted to make that quite clear :)

What about the swolen kidney's.. Has anybody else heard of this/experienced this during pregnancy? Apparently it's quite common but i'm getting worried about it. I want to do to the docs today but i'm nervous he'll get annoyed with me :(
xx

MY belly always sore after a scan.
AS for the kidneys, dont know, if it was a bigger problem things would have been sorted out for further appts and stuff

my 20week scan was really sore awell i had a trainee doing mine and he was so good and he didnt hurt me but wen u couldnt see baby spine the midwife took over and was pressing down so hard i was nearly in tears from the pain and i was really sore for a good couple of days after aswell. x

hmm...I'll let you know if it hurts when I get there

I've never heard of swollen kidneys, sorry. But I did have a kidney infection, which pregnant women are more susceptible to.. :) If you start feeling flank pain/lower back/side pain (where your kidneys are! lol)... you should see a doctor, these infections require antibiotics!

my 11 week scan killed, i thought i was gonna piss myself as well.. haha x

dont know about you all but the reason why i think it hurts could possibly be due to a full bladder my doc had me have a REALLY full bladder for his twenty week scan

I think that was probably why! ...I drank SOO much water that i honestly thought i was going to wet myself & when i finally got called in the woman said "You didn't need to drink anything for this scan.." I was like "WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME THIS?!?!?!" Lol, then when i'd finally let it all out :D ..It wasn't as painful, now thinking about it.
& she was a complete bitch :( made me feel like a right idiot for asking questions that i genuinely didn't know the answers to. I expected them all to be really nice, so i've put it down to her either being racist, or against young mums :) or a lesbian or just miserable in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"