20 weeks and by GOD the growing pains....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by rubberducky88, Nov 14, 2011.

1. rubberducky88

rubberducky88 Mum to 2 little monsters!

Since last night I have had the most almighty stretching pains in my lower abdomen on the left and right... no cramps or bleeding so I know it's nothing sinister and can still feel baby having a party in my tummy every now and again.

But they REALLY hurt. Last night, OH and I had sex and afterwards I cried (poor guy felt terrible even though it wasn't his fault)

I am expecting to wake up with a ginormous growth spurt in my bump one day this week!!

Anyone else suffering bad growing pains?? :cry:xx

2. mamaduke

mamaduke Proud Mama

I've had some strong growing pains so far in the 16w-20w range. Thankfully my growing pains have been easy to deal with. Now if only I could convince the LO to quit cuddling with the nerves that make my upper belly feel like it's burning... :nope:

3. roxursox302

roxursox302 baby girl <3

Oh I had that a few days ago! I think starting at 19 weeks 5 days until 20 weeks. My whole freaking stomach hurt and now I can feel my uterus at my belly button when I couldnt before so I guess that was it!

4. no drama mama

no drama mama Well-Known Member

Starting last week they've been awful and I'm about ready to cry today already. Hopefully that means a bump is coming soon.

5. mummy2b2010

mummy2b2010 Mummy of 2 expecting#3

ive been having really sharp pains in my right side, right where my ovarys are...now its either growing pains, which i expect it is, or baby is kicking my side like a mad child lol

either way, it hurts lol not cramping or anything like that just sharp shooty pains? anyone else get these? xx

6. no drama mama

Does anyone notice that they're more on one side than the other? I know it's illogical but it keeps making me think that I'm growing lopsided.

7. rubberducky88

YES!
    All the way through this pregnancy I have been feeling more pain on my lower Right abdo - I hope I don't get a wonky bump hahaha :haha:xx

8. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm having! Same side and all.

9. no drama mama

Thank god! I was starting to get a little freaked out by it!

10. nikkchikk

nikkchikk Well-Known Member

Yes!!!! My tummy can be SO tender at times that I don't even want to touch it. This past weekend I woke up in bed and stretched; BIG MISTAKE. My round ligaments were SCREAMING. Definitely the most shocking pain ever!!

11. EarthMama

EarthMama Mom of 2 & pregnant!

Just wait until the rib pain starts :-( like a constant bruise

12. rubberducky88

Now i'm thinking about it and reading other friends - they could possibly be braxton hicks??
    They only last about 20secs in total and in that time I find it difficult to walk or move much cos it hurts so much, then wears off....

Hmm! xx