20 weeks! Half way there- But crappy scan :(

Dolphinz4

Mommy to a Prince
Reaction score
So, Im 20 weeks today which makes me super half way through my pregnancy! We also had our 20-week scan today and had THE WORST technician EVER! She was so rude, and she was quiet through the whole thing, she didnt tell us anything like "thats the hand, the feet" NOTHING! We had to keep asking her- It tool her like 10 minutes to take all the measurements, and at the end was just like "everything looks good" thats it- I think if you aren't going to be pleasant, then you shouldnt work with pregnant women- Its so exciting to be able to see your baby, but she just ruined for me!!!! Im soo glad we had a private scan at 16 weeks, otherwise I would've been sooo angry1 I cant belive she ruined such an amazing experience for me! Anyone else had this problem>?

How rubbish!!! Boo to her! :( sorry you had such a crappy experience, at my 20 week scan she took us on a tour round the whole baby, explained everything! You do wonder how these people get these jobs! At least baby was ok, did you get any piccys? x

congrats on 20 weeks! glad at least everything's okay with baby. :)

I'm so sorry to hear this! I would be furious! We're not paying for an extra scan so i really hope I get a good sonographer - 34 days to go!

Han X

That's horrible. I'm sorry it wasn't a great experience like it should have been. This is one thing that worries me for my scan on Thursday. Happy to hear that everything is looking good for your LO though.

How rubbish!!! Boo to her! :( sorry you had such a crappy experience, at my 20 week scan she took us on a tour round the whole baby, explained everything! You do wonder how these people get these jobs! At least baby was ok, did you get any piccys? x

We got some pics, but she rushed right through the pics I think she could've gotten better shots!!! So sad :( At least I have my private 3D scan to look forward to in about 9 weeks :)

That's too bad. You really do wonder how these women keep their jobs..... :hugs:

I also had a crappy scan. The lady barely talked,didn't make me comfortable at all, and she showed me pics for like 3 mins and thats it. I realize they see many belly's and pregnant women, but it's my baby and everyone she get good treatment. Psh

That's awful, these people, I know they see this everyday but if they don't like their job, don't bloody do it! I had awful 20wk scan 3wks ago, it was a guy, his English was poor, he took all measurements etc in silence then asked me if I wanted a pic!!?? I said yes I wud like 4, so he printed off 7 pictures of the exact same pic (baby head and tum) told me to choose, then walked out !!! I was so upset, wanted a full body pic. The only thing he said really during scan was that my placenta was low and that I have to go back(hope I don't see him again) hubby tried to ask questions but he wasn't helpful at all!! I am tempted to pay for a private scan!!!

I'm so sorry you've had a crap experience hun. You should complain. If you don't then who knows how many others womens scan experience she will ruin. Perhaps if other people had complained before now, you would have had a better experience.

IMHO, if you're working with people, the minute you stop caring about them and your job, that's that time to move on.

I'm so sick of people being crap at their jobs and rude with it! Hormonal woman rant over. :growlmad:

Sweetie,

Congrats on being halfway-that is such and incredible milestone to reach. Only four more weeks until your V-Day and it'll fly right by! Truly amazing.

Though I am sorry that your scan went horribly. This was the reason I changed doctors (I know yours was a different situation) but my regular OB who I have loved for years just didn't take time with me during our first appointment at 8weeks. I could barely hear the heartbeat, he didn't show me the flickering on the screen and even though all appeared healthy with the baby and he was happy with what he saw I still left the hospital crying.

I knew that I needed a more nurturing figure taking care of me during my first pregnancy and so that's what I went out and found. My doctor now is amazing.

I know we don't get to pick our 20week ultrasound techs and we don't get to do them over but all I can say is I know how you're feeling. Try to keep your chin up and remember the most important part-your baby was healthy and all looked well. You will have other opportunities to see him again in the near future.

In the meantime, call and complain. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Lots of love.

sorry hun :hugs: my first scan was like that. she told me off for giggling at LO moving on the screen. i asked if we could film a bit of the scan and she said no 'if you want to do things like that you'll have to pay for a private scan'. so i said that's ok we'll get some pictures at least, to which she replied 'will you? what makes you think you get pictures?'. then she had a huff & said if you want pictures its £5 each. so we paid £10 for 2 pictures & she printed us off the same picture, twice. she was an utter nob!! i hope we don't get her again for our scan on wednesday! xx

wow..I am soo happy and lucky that our tech is amazing..its the same one everytime..works only for the Dr office and is always there...she is older..prolly in her 50s...and is soo funny and talkative..she answers alll our questions and practically had a freaking prenatal anatomy lesson with DH today lol!! she gets the best pics and always switches over to get a few 3D ones too...

I feel bad for the ladies that have these mean techs..they prolly just are in it for the money and want to do it fast and get it over with..too bad they dont pick them on personality as well as skill..

Sweetie,

Congrats on being halfway-that is such and incredible milestone to reach. Only four more weeks until your V-Day and it'll fly right by! Truly amazing.

Though I am sorry that your scan went horribly. This was the reason I changed doctors (I know yours was a different situation) but my regular OB who I have loved for years just didn't take time with me during our first appointment at 8weeks. I could barely hear the heartbeat, he didn't show me the flickering on the screen and even though all appeared healthy with the baby and he was happy with what he saw I still left the hospital crying.

I knew that I needed a more nurturing figure taking care of me during my first pregnancy and so that's what I went out and found. My doctor now is amazing.

I know we don't get to pick our 20week ultrasound techs and we don't get to do them over but all I can say is I know how you're feeling. Try to keep your chin up and remember the most important part-your baby was healthy and all looked well. You will have other opportunities to see him again in the near future.

In the meantime, call and complain. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Lots of love.

I think Im going to have to complain- Its ridiculous- If you dont like your freaking job, and if its too repetitive, then dont do it! I had the best tech at my 12 week scan- She told us what everyhting was- With this one, we had to ask-is that a foot, what is that? And she would answer with an attitude- Im just glad that the baby is healthy (or at least I think thats what she said) its very frustruating!!!! Whatever, Im just going to look forward to our private 3d scan at 29weeks :) Thanks Sweetie!
xoxox- Laura

sorry hun :hugs: my first scan was like that. she told me off for giggling at LO moving on the screen. i asked if we could film a bit of the scan and she said no 'if you want to do things like that you'll have to pay for a private scan'. so i said that's ok we'll get some pictures at least, to which she replied 'will you? what makes you think you get pictures?'. then she had a huff & said if you want pictures its £5 each. so we paid £10 for 2 pictures & she printed us off the same picture, twice. she was an utter nob!! i hope we don't get her again for our scan on wednesday! xx

Wow, your tech had a major attitude problem!!! LoL- I hope you get a nicer tech for your 20-week scan :) My tech needs to look for another job if she doesn't like dealing with pregnant people-Its my first baby, and I wasnt to cherish all these milestones, and she just ruiined it- The pics she gave us were super crappy too- Like just to give me somethine! urrrhhh- Can wait till our private 3D scan at 29 weeks- The palce I go to is the best, and everyone is super nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->