20 weeks scan today

555ann555

Mummy to Gabriella
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm just back from my 20 weeks scan and still very firmly on team yellow.

My little mite was currled up underneath my belly button, and had their head in a wee nook where there wasn't a lot of surrounding fluid so the pictures aren't great.

We had decided against finding out the gender anyway because my hubby really wants the surprise, but the angle the wee one was laying at wouldn't have given it away today.

I don't know if it is normal or not but the sonographer carried out the first half of my scan and then the consultant carried out the second half. :shrug: IDK if that is unusual... Everything went fine though.

My main concern was to check for spina bifida, I got my APF results back as low risk, but I just needed that reassurance (I'm at a higer risk due to having Crohn's Disease). Anway, everything is greatand my baby is growing well :)

The slight down-side is that I won't get another scan unless I have a relapse of the Crohn's... But I'd rather not have a relapse and just have to wait until April to see the baby.

I am ever so tempted now to start saving up for a private 3D scan at about 30 weeks though! 20 more weeks feels like a long time to wait!

I have to feel for my friends though, 2 of them had babies in 2008 and both anly got their 12 week scan and nothing else, 28 weeks would have felt like a far longer wait I'm sure!

So glad all went well chick, i am the same even tho i get a scan at 36 weeks due to a low laying placenta i still think 15 weeks is a long time to wait, so i am thinking about a 3D scan also. Plus it will be a great keep sake. xxx

:yipee: ! Really pleased all went so well! I am the same about the scan thing - can't believe it'll be another 17 weeks till we meet our LO - April seems a LONG way off!!! We are thinking about a private scan but can't decide. All the movement kind of makes up for not seeing them and at least we get to hear the HB at the MWs appts now!!!

xx

Glad everything went well. Another 20 weeks is a long time x

Am glad it went well...I can't to get the "all good" on Monday...I'll be 22 weeks then!

I say save up for a 3d scan if you can! We've got ours booked for 28 weeks which I can't wait for!!

Nicola xx

I don't know if it is normal or not but the sonographer carried out the first half of my scan and then the consultant carried out the second half. :shrug: IDK if that is unusual... Everything went fine though.

My main concern was to check for spina bifida, I got my APF results back as low risk, but I just needed that reassurance (I'm at a higer risk due to having Crohn's Disease). Anway, everything is greatand my baby is growing well :)

Hi!

Congrats that all went well, that's such great news! and well done you for staying on team yellow :winkwink:

Just wanted to ask you about the check for spina bifida. How did they do it? and how accurate are the results do you know?

I've been told that the consultant will do my 20 week scan because of higher risk through a family connection - so maybe that's why you got a consultant too? i.e. because of the potential for higher risk because of crohns.

Anyway, glad everything is on track!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"