20 weeks scan -water?

nikkip

Mummy to 2!!
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!!!

Hope you are all having a fantastic easter!!! I've been to Wales and don't worry even though it was lambing season I didn't go near any!!!

My question to you all - I have my 20 week scan tomorrow (I'm half way!!!:happydance:) and I was wondering how much water to drink before I go. For my 12 week scan it was 1.5 pints then when I had an emergence scan at 14 +6 it was 1.5 litres (yes an entire coke bottle size bottle of water!!:dohh:)

I haven't been told this time round so any ideas??

All my lovexxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

i think its 1 and a half pints of water

Hey hun, you dont need to have a full bladder at you 20 week scan as baby will be high enough! I didnt have one,just ate some choc to get baby movin lol

ooh yeah I'm definitely on the chocolate thing!!! lol and fizzy pop!! Thanks girls!!xx

love the wales comment lol

I drank half a pint of squash and it was bad enough keeping that down
I got told off for not having a full bladder but literally couldnt drink anymore.
Scan still worked fine.
Try to drink as much as you can keep down,.

i was told off for drinking too much at my 12 weeks scan. i had 750ml! i was in a lot of pain. i haven't been asked to drink anything for my 20 week scan. i emptied my bladder half way through the 12 week scan and she was still able to get a really good piccy of the baby. i was quite annoyed because of the pain i was in . my hubby was told off even for talking to me on the drive to the hospital!!!!!

i was told not to drink before my 20 week scan. good luck tomorrow hun x

at my 12wk scan the pic werent very good even tho i ad drank a lot, at my 20wk scan i didnt drink that much, mabye half a pint, and it was great !!!

have fun !

Thanks ladies! i have not been told anything so I wanted to double check!

FIRST ALIEN - lol!!!!

I was told two pints but didn't drink that just one large glass of water an hour before and that was fine. I needed the loo but not dying. the 20 week scan is a long one and you don't want to be passing out while you watch your little one on screen. xx

Thanks Pippin! How long does it take and what else happens?

goodluck for tommorow xxxxxxxxx

I never drank nothing at any of my scans, I was never told to...!

Good luck for the scan! Mine is in another week and my letter says to drink a litre of water, the same as for the 12 week scan. I've read elsewhere that you don't need to drink anything extra at 20 weeks, but I have a friend who didn't find out what sex the baby was because they couldn't get a good enough picture. The (really mean) sonographer told her it was because she hadn't drunk enough so I'm not taking any chances! I'll drink as much as I can hold!

PHILLY_BEAR24 - Good luck hun

I've not been told to drink anything, I didn't have a letter just a date in my green book.

RACHEL_C - I'll try and drink as much as I can hold just in case too I really want to know what team I'm on so I'm not going to take a chance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->