2011/2012 Baby Boom??? Anyone know?

Tamashii

Reaction score
Is this year and the next going to be baby boom years? It just seems like everyone I know is either pregnant or knows someone who is. Including me! I am at the stage where I am having nightmares every night due to the hormones and being pregnant, the latest of which is that I go into labour and when we try to drive to the hospital we get stuck in a traffic jam of pregnant women all getting driven to the hospital so we nearly don't make it and then when we finally arrive at the hospital we are turned away because it is full!!! Yikes! :blush:

Anyway, I am seriously wondering if there is a baby boom this year or is it just that thousands more women are using message boards like this to connect with each other?

Sigh. I wish I could stop worrying about everything :)

Suppose it could be true, people are going out less due to having no money so have to entertain themselves somehow :blush:

Suppose it could be true, people are going out less due to having no money so have to entertain themselves somehow :blush:

Haha this was one reason (along with the bloody snow) that we got LO :haha::haha: Well we had to keep warm somehow :blush:

:haha: You have good points to make here! We were pretty much snowed in this Winter too so..... AND couldn't afford to have the heating on much so I suppose... :winkwink:

Definatly a baby boom!!!

There's always a baby boom when there is a recession. Job instability was one of the reasons we started ttc, we were worried if we didn't go for it when we did we might not be able to afford to ttc down the line.
My hospital was very busy and the midwives were saying they had had a busy few months.

I know there was one last year too, when I went in to get my induction date the senior mw said they were expecting 500 more births in 2010 than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->